GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Plead The First
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really contemplating starting a bag job on my 2k ECSB. I have a good idea of whats involved but I was wondering if anyone's got any pics of their rides. Looking for more of a just the suspension shot, not the fully done and posing photos. If anyone knows of any threads or links that shows it step by step of how it was done, It'd help me greatly as well. TIA, low. :shake:

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
What kind of setup are you looking at buying? What you decide on running can greatly change up the install. For example, ART stuff just plugs togethers while others will need to be wired up and what not. Where do you want to mount the compressor/tank? I would suggest under the bed, where the spare tire goes. If you cut out the spare tire plate then you can run a bar that bolts in across the frame rails and mount up everything to that bar.

As for the valves, the closer you put them to the bag, the faster it would be. Mounting them to the inner fender isn't too slow and will put everything in a good spot...there is a GREAT spot to mount them on the passenger fender under the computer.

·
Plead The First
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that's more the point of me posting this. I want to see what others have done for their NBS trucks. I'm not looking to really go extremely low, not even frame really. Just want the control, look and ride. I'm most likely going to do all the fab myself, I don't have 10k worth of tools for nothing.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
ART Cool-Ride w/ tubular control arms.

KP Components 4-link w/ cantilever attatchment.

ART BIGRed Max compressor system.

Flush transmission X-member

That's what I would do if I were bagging a NBS. :read: :D

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
BaggedC10 said:
ART Cool-Ride w/ tubular control arms.

KP Components 4-link w/ cantilever attatchment.

ART BIGRed Max compressor system.

Flush transmission X-member

That's what I would do if I were bagging a NBS. :read: :D
That is a great all out setup :head:

A more "bare bones" system would be the same as above, except with ride pro valves and a single tank/compressor.

The Flush transmission Crossmembers is a MUST, i've been lucky by having one straight from the factory :head:

·
Plead The First
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This has been helpful thus far, but do anyone of you have links to webs for the said manufacturers? I'm also very interested in seeing peoples systems as they go on, like a step by step if there is such a thing out there.

·
Plead The First
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay so if I wanted a very simple setup, I could go without any compressors? I read on that site that you could air it up to the desired heighth and just put in a decent sized tank to adjust if needed. Anybody done this or know how effective it is?

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
gotta(be)low said:
Okay so if I wanted a very simple setup, I could go without any compressors? I read on that site that you could air it up to the desired heighth and just put in a decent sized tank to adjust if needed. Anybody done this or know how effective it is?
Only way i'd do that is if you had a nitrogen bottle, and i'd still recommend a backup compressor. Air goes very fast when you are talking about needing 90-110 psi to get to ride heigth. 5 gallons of air is really only enough to air you up once and then it needs to be refilled in most cases.

With that said, you'll need a compressor!

·
Plead The First
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay so for safety sake a compressor is needed. I also have some other good ideas. What kinda containers are you guys using for resevoirs? I have a keg here that should work well, they hold up to like 250 PSI and I think 10+ gallons. It would certainly be original.

·
Plead The First
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh, and can you leave it aired up all the time? It's a DD so I was just wondering. Do you have to air it down and take the pressure off or can you just leave it up? How long can you leave it up?

·
Changed my life
1,218 Posts
No keg holds 250psi. Someone came up with that idea on another board and I think the max for a keg is 60psi. Get a real air tank.

The setup BaggedC10 posted is awesome, but electric compressors suck. It's worth it to save up your money and buy an engine driven. And buy some valves other than the BigRED valves. They're slow and overpriced, IMO.

You can leave it aired up all the time IF you have a nicely plumbed setup. Having a leak-free air system is possible, but tough. I have some leaks in mine and it sucks. :read:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
As mentioned before, you need an air compressor and tank. Two of each is a minimum, IMO. While the Air Commander is great, if your not into hitting the switches like me, electric compressors are fine. You could piece together a nice compressor system for allot less than the BIGRed Max system but I'm biased towards ART products. :read: :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts