GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am gonna put duals on my 97 truck with a 350. I dont know whether to just run it straight back from the converters or to put glasspacks on their with the cats. Is straight back from the converters too loud? I want it pretty loud but not so loud that i cant have a conversation in the truck or get a damn headache goin to school.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I would deffenetly have glass packs on there. My friend had a GTI Volkswagon (4 banger) with an after market muffler that was rediculaly loud, he put a glass pack on it and it quiteted it right down, but it was still loud.

·
GPS Guru
347 Posts
If you're going to dump it, definately put some kind of muffler on it, but if you're going to run it straight out the back, I'd just run it completely straight. I'm running dual straight pipes dumped, but I've still got my cats on so it's not too deafening loud.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I wouldn't run glasspacks.....personally, I have a 3.5"/3.5" single chamber flowmaster where my two 2.25" pipes meet. I have a 4.8L and it sounds like a mean 6.0L. It's only annoying at like 90-95mph, but not even then....just a little louder.

In your case I would run two 2.5" or 3" mufflers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts