GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aight here is the deal, static dropped has been the shiz for about a month but I need to go lower now. I have been researching like a mad man and have answered a shit load of my own questions, however I am still trying to put together a good parts list so I do it once and once only. So far im going with:

Kp bolt-on canti setup
Kp 8 piece notch
(4) Slam RE 7's
Kp watts link
Avs switchbox
Three Kp dual needle gauges
*no idea what tank(2)
*not sure what compressor(2)
*8 valves no idea which
*some form of bolt on front shock mounts
*some form of bolt on front bag setup
*not sure what size air line, what kind, how much

*Basically im not sure of shit other than the few things I know that work. The deal is, I want it proper the first time and dont give a shit what it costs. Yes I want bolt on, dont care if it's gay!

Help a honky out!!! :wave:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Why 3 Dual Needle gauges? You need 2 dual needle for front 2 bags and back 2 bags pressure and 1 single needle for tank pressure.

I would go with a 9 gallon tank or 2 - 5 gallon tanks. I have a single 5 gallon and wish I had more!

For valves it depends on how fast you want it to raise. I have 1/2 inch valves and 1/2 line and it pops the rear tires off the ground.:crazy: I would probably go with 3/8 valves and 1/2 inch line.:imo

Front bag brackets, Use KP! Bolt in and they can make them to whatever specs you need!

Any more questions just ask! I learned so much from the guys on here!! I used what I learned here and I am finishing up my first bag job!!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice man thanks for the info, I already have 16" MCG spindles I did up front and was going to go the ART strong arms and coolride route. In your opinion would the Kp be more cost effective with the same outcome?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Art lower arms are worth the coin, don't bother with the uppers. I think you have that third dual needle for the 2 air tanks. 2 5 or 2 6 gallon tanks will be plenty of air or if you could get away with a single 8 gallon tank. As far as valves go I would get smc or parker. With airline I would order more than you need, never hurts to have extra laying around in case something happens.

·
#NBHNC
2,828 Posts
I've been static for a few months and have already starting the bag parts collecting. haha

Since SuicideDoors is less than 2 hours away from my house I'm doing all my parts through them.

I'm going to run Wishbone fourlink setup in the back
cups up front with ART lower arms, McG 16" spindles, and flipped uppers
RE8's all around
2 5gal tanks
2 Viair 480 comps
8 SMC 3/8th valves with dump controls
1/2in line all around until I get the stainless hardline worked out
rest of the stuff will be in-house fabrication

So far I'm looking at right around 2.5k in parts
Which isn't that bad to me.

I'd be really happy to get me a KP 6-link for under 500 dolla though.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
what you need to do is call the people you are gonna buy from. they can set you up with what you want.
and dont go shopping around for the best price for your whole setup from 6 diff places.
most shops will give you a good deal if you buy everything from them
and as seeing that you want the majority of your stuff from kp.
i would advise you to call up my boy clint petree
all the info you get here is biased. everybody has thier own opinion on what setup is better.
i went from having a full blown kp kit watts. 3 guages, 17 gallons of air, 8 valves, 7 switch, edc comp wiht backup elec.
to a
parrallel four link bao
4 valve
no gauges
2 switches
art setup up front.
and i like that setup better
with what you want your easily gonna be around 5gs
the next truck i bag after im done with my mini. the setup will only cost me about 1500 bucks lol

·
Registered
921 Posts
If i had to change anything on my setup i would do 1/4 dumps just because 3/8 is fast down. I have 3/8 fill and 3/8 dumps with 1/2 line now. your probably goin to need 75' of each 1/8 line(gauges) and 3/8 or 1/2 line your goin to have extra but it also helps to no have to worry about running stuff. And then make lines to the bag the same distance to have equal fill and dump speeds

·
Registered
921 Posts
i didnt think it did. I remember reading somewhere on here and figured i would share it. I know my rear lines are the same and then my fronts are the same. but they arent all together the same. Doesnt bother me cuz you always end up adjusting shit once your up anyway. I have (2) 5 gallon tanks with an EDC and that shit fills quick and is plenty of air.Good luck with the work my man its fun once you get it all together and drivin. 100 times better than static and i drive my truck daily.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
i didnt think it did. I remember reading somewhere on here and figured i would share it. .
i want to say this..
and this is no offense to you.
i had a friend point this out to me and hes right.....
there are too many people on forums that just read shit and think they know it all when in reality they have never done anything themself. if you dont have first hand experience in what advice your giving then you shouldnt be giving it.

cliff notes lol

dont tell other people looking for help this does this and that does that unless you yourself have physically done those things and had those results.

·
Registered
921 Posts
No i understand what your saying completely but at the same time a forum is to share knowledge/information read or done first hand. You've never been to the sun before but you can assume its hot from what you've read and what people have told you, you know what i mean and im not tryin to be an ass or jack this thread . Just sharing what i have read and/or heard from other people.
Back to the buying of stuff. Just call up KP or Gravity Werx or Gauge store or whoever you are using to buy your stuff from and tell em what you are running and they can help with fitting and hardware.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts