GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
9,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping to get Cracker's 35x12.50 MTR's and if I do then I am going to more then likely get some Black bullet holes in 15x8 or 15x10. I think that since I can get the 15x10's in 4.5" bs then they would be able to clear with those 35's on there with very little trimming and possibly no metal trimming...what do you guys think? Another question is what backspacing should I get if i get the 15x8? (4.5 or 3.75" backspacing) Also how would those black rims look on my truck. I am not sure if they will look right with the chrome on the front end and the bumpers, but I think for the damn price they are a great deal and look pretty sweet. Let me know guy sand will those 35x12.50's fit on 15x8's with only a bodylift?

9,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Adam said:
I don't know Baracca, it is going to be a tight fit. There is a guy on here that is stuffing 35s (on 16x8s) with a bodylift on a NBS truck, so you could probably get away with it. He probably rubs though.
which choice will be tight? the 15x8 or the 15x10? I think that the 15x8 wouldn't be bad at all but the 15x10 is where i might be close?

9,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i hear yall...i figured it was out of the ? but I wanted to go ahead and get 15x10's so when I cepek i can just add 38's...I really think that the black rims with the chrome caps and lug nuts will look really good, and the more I think about it the 15x8 would look better to me really. Should I go with 3.75" backspacing or 4.5" backspacing on the 15x8's? I want to not rub on the frame, but also want to not hit the metal on the truck...let me know guys.

here's an edit someone on fsc did for me.

·
GPS Guru
347 Posts
OBS trucks have a lot more room than NBS. One of my buddies used to have a 3" PA, 15x12's!, and 35" Baja Claws... They only rubbed a little :D 15x10's and minor trimming would be perfect IMO.

9,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shift said:
OBS trucks have a lot more room than NBS. One of my buddies used to have a 3" PA, 15x12's!, and 35" Baja Claws... They only rubbed a little :D 15x10's and minor trimming would be perfect IMO.
Holy shit man are you serious? If that's the case then I would definately go 15x10's. Do you have any pictures of it and how far were his bars cranked? How much trimming did he have to do? My good buddy used to run 35x16 boggers on 15x10 on his truck with a 3" bodylift and he took a good size piece out of his bumper...he also trimmed a little on the rear of the front fender...it isn't what I want to do though. I'm not a big fan of trimming metal, unless I can make it look really clean ya know.
How much trimming do you think I will need to perform there Shift?

·
GPS Guru
347 Posts
DirtyBlackZ71 said:
Holy shit man are you serious? If that's the case then I would definately go 15x10's. Do you have any pictures of it and how far were his bars cranked? How much trimming did he have to do? My good buddy used to run 35x16 boggers on 15x10 on his truck with a 3" bodylift and he took a good size piece out of his bumper...he also trimmed a little on the rear of the front fender...it isn't what I want to do though. I'm not a big fan of trimming metal, unless I can make it look really clean ya know.
How much trimming do you think I will need to perform there Shift?
he trimmed about a 2" corner off his front bumper, and I don't believe he trimmed any of the rear fender, except the plastic part. It did rub when he backed up though.

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
sure they may fit with little rubbing but the question should be will it look good or not? I think it looks like complete shit when tires are stuffed so there is no way in hell i would ever run the setup you want to do. Plus it is more stress then is needed because you should be running 33's at the most

9,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
zubyc said:
sure they may fit with little rubbing but the question should be will it look good or not? I think it looks like complete shit when tires are stuffed so there is no way in hell i would ever run the setup you want to do. Plus it is more stress then is needed because you should be running 33's at the most
I see what your saying but how in the hell does running a bigger tire cause more stress, just because it is stuffed? I mean your reasoning of it causing more stress because I "should" be running 33's makes no sense to me?

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
I think he means, if you stuff a 35 in there, you will have to crank your bars A LOT, so your cv's, tie rods, and upper bj's will have added stress compared to 33's with less cranking. The 35's wont put much more strain on your suspension or steering, but what you do to fit those big meats in there is what will cause some wear and tear.

9,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok that makes sense then thanks for pointing that out klemmentine

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
no prob.

btw, i'm not saying you should or shouldn't run 33's or 35's. It's your truck, and I think you'll be fine running 35's. I think you will have more than a little rubbing though. If it was my own truck, i would buy the 15x10's like you said, and run a nice 33" tire. Then when you put on your suspension lift, you can use the same wheels and throw 36"+ tires on there.

9,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
klemmentine said:
no prob.

btw, i'm not saying you should or shouldn't run 33's or 35's. It's your truck, and I think you'll be fine running 35's. I think you will have more than a little rubbing though. If it was my own truck, i would buy the 15x10's like you said, and run a nice 33" tire. Then when you put on your suspension lift, you can use the same wheels and throw 36"+ tires on there.
Yea I mean if I buy new tires I believe that is what I will do but if I can find a good deal on a used set of 35's I will just go with 15x8

1 - 15 of 15 Posts