GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
IT DONT STOP
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i know someone knows this dude on the forum, but im trying to find out what he did with his rear air ride to get it to sit like that and i dont think he tubbed it, im trying to get my truck to sit like this in the rear without tubbing,
339203_10_full.jpg

this is his page but i dont think he goes on car domain anymore to respond to any questions http://www.cardomain.com/ride/339203

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Pick up some really fat girls...and tell em not to touch eachother...that ride does look good.

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
probably just has a small c notch.

·
IT DONT STOP
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea im sure he has the c-notch but the thing is they have a bar that goes from the frame to the axle and it will not let it go that low at all cus my bar is almost touching the frame cus its mounted under the frame and not on the side and i have 5"drop in the rear, im thinking he might have removed or modified it or idno im trying to find some more info on it

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
dang that makes me want to paint mine blue..he could have tubbed it....my tubs will fit under the stock plastic....but yeah it prolly just got a c notch

·
LAID OUT TIRE FRYER
1,992 Posts
his cardomain header says its sold, im thinking its not tubbed. a local club here in my town(sickness) has all kinds of tahoes/yukons on 24s and they're not tubbed. and they lay that low.

·
IT DONT STOP
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea i dont think it is tubbed either but im wondering what he did with this bar.... cus look how close mine is and im not even tucking..
131.jpg
132.jpg
140.jpg

·
IT DONT STOP
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
but.. im wondering if he modified it to where it make it have more clearance, or he took it off because there is still this bar...
135.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
when you say "bar" are you talking about the trailing arm?
if so you could have one made out of tube & that would give you more room.

·
IT DONT STOP
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
when you say "bar" are you talking about the trailing arm?
if so you could have one made out of tube & that would give you more room.
its whatever this arm is... i dont remember what its called
131.jpg

think it would be sturdy if made out of pipe? or maybe just modify it and make it to where it makes a angle

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
its whatever this arm is... i dont remember what its called
131.jpg

think it would be sturdy if made out of pipe? or maybe just modify it and make it to where it makes a angle
That is one of the trailing arms you they can be swapped with tubular ones just as stated above...every bagged ride with 4 links use tubular arms.

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
if i understand suv correctly most have a sort of coil over set up. its set up just like a 4 link with a bag on axle except with a spring on axle..does that mean u can just replae it with a bag?? no i dont think. replace the bars with like some sd ones...i have seen a guy with a bagged tb move the mount on the frame more torwards the front of the truck. also i dunno if you know but brandon(comegetsome) has a bagged tahoe. maybe u can grab some pics for him brandon of how your control arms are.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
mine has got a 2 link on it mounted inside the frame rails...the stock gas tank is gone

2 link mounts on the inside of the frame
newhoe3.jpg

2 link and shocks
newhoe5.jpg

·
LAID OUT TIRE FRYER
1,992 Posts
if you want to go that low then you would need tubular bars. im guessing those trailing arms are going to push the axle farther back, so it wouldnt be centered in the fenderwell. due to clearance i would say tubular bars that make would make a hortizontal "h" shape, keeping your pinion angle straight.

EDIT: i dont know if you have chose or gotten your bags yet but ART makes this spring... http://www.ridetech.com/products/Airspring_2000lb_taper_rear_w_GM_Mounts-994-50.html

·
IT DONT STOP
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
if you want to go that low then you would need tubular bars. im guessing those trailing arms are going to push the axle farther back, so it wouldnt be centered in the fenderwell. due to clearance i would say tubular bars that make would make a hortizontal "h" shape, keeping your pinion angle straight.

EDIT: i dont know if you have chose or gotten your bags yet but ART makes this spring... http://www.ridetech.com/products/Airspring_2000lb_taper_rear_w_GM_Mounts-994-50.html
yea the bag can go right in place of the spring, i think i will be getting the ART rear bag set up and put a bolt in c-notch and make a tubular arm, because as of now i just want the tire to rest in the wheel well, not tubbing and laying frame yet

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
yeah the picture of the blue tahoe is a little misleading because of how he is parked, on a slope. It probly doesnt look that low on level ground.

·
IT DONT STOP
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah the picture of the blue tahoe is a little misleading because of how he is parked, on a slope. It probly doesnt look that low on level ground.
actually bud its not, here is another pick of it on level ground..
339203_18_full.jpg

1 - 20 of 23 Posts