GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can i get some from? I'm going to need ones that lift the rear 10". The stock ones i believe are 63" or so long. Right now i have 6" blocks and an add a leaf and i'm still a little over 2" lower in the back.

·
Registered
999 Posts
get a shackle flip and a set of 5" springs, along with a longer shackle. it will ride much better.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think the flip for my truck would be the same as the 99-07(classic) trucks? I can take a picture if needed. Where could i get the kit from>?

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
I aggree with Beaterk20. Go look at the tool IRIDEKTM's truck with 10" springs. A honda civic will outflex that truck lol

·
Pat McCrotch
699 Posts
I run 10" lift springs from wholesalesuspensionoutlet.com
Some people will bitch because they came from whiplash but come on they are springs not lift kits. I have ran them for over a year and loaded big time and they still dont sag. Ride great. I run them with the factory 2" block and a torsion bar crank to level it out. Much better priced than betts or deavers. Not to say betts or deavers wouldnt be a bit better but I went this route and have not be disappointed.

·
Registered
999 Posts
a set of good quality springs, a shackle flip, and a set of shackles will probably cost less than a set of stupid tall lift springs.

even if they dont, the increased ride comfort will be worth the extra money.

·
Registered
999 Posts
www.diy4x.com is also great to deal with, and would probably be able to help you out.

·
Pat McCrotch
699 Posts
I would rather run taller leafs. I know mine were like 400 for the springs. They may not even fit your truck though may just call them if you want.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
I would rather run taller leafs.
Why? Taller leafs are stiffer and they don't offer much travel, and they end up costing more. There aren't any advantages to running 10" leaf springs... only disadvantages.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Klemm has hit the nail on the head......

·
Pat McCrotch
699 Posts
Why? Taller leafs are stiffer and they don't offer much travel, and they end up costing more. There aren't any advantages to running 10" leaf springs... only disadvantages.

I dont like the look of a bunch of shackle shit hanging down. I also wanted a stiffer back spring on my truck than what was stock so when loaded down I wasnt nose in the air so much. To each his own.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Eh, I don't think the spring stiffness reduces sagging as much as you think. (You still have to think about shackle movement.) My 10" springs still squated a lot under loads and when towing... not really because of the leafs, but because of the shackle. I measured my rear droop once and it was right around 7.5" of droop... all coming from the shackle movement. I was never able to measure compression.

I think any setup will sag under load, unless you have a nice air bag setup.

I can understand if you think they're ugly. :shake:

·
The Green Seal
3,721 Posts
only person that comes to mind is god...

oh yea i think cogsnito makes a shackle flip as well but from what ive seen they arent nearly as beefy as the ORD units

·
Pat McCrotch
699 Posts
only person that comes to mind is god...

oh yea i think cogsnito makes a shackle flip as well but from what ive seen they arent nearly as beefy as the ORD units

I havent seen a cognito shackle flip. I know they make those drop down brackets for the leafs to hook up to. I thought about running them but then realized they are not available for the 4 door. After I saw some I really didnt want to run them.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
I havent seen a cognito shackle flip. I know they make those drop down brackets for the leafs to hook up to. I thought about running them but then realized they are not available for the 4 door. After I saw some I really didnt want to run them.
haha for a 4 dorr truck, whats the difference between a 4 door z than a ext cab with 6' bed. IIRC Wheel base is the same and all use 63" spirings So cab size shouldnt matter

·
The Green Seal
3,721 Posts
yea they make those nasty ass hangers as well, i wouldnt be caught dead runnin those things

1 - 20 of 30 Posts