GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Southend Terror Squad
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...so I did a little off roading last night and fell in to a hole, had to leave my truck over night and my buddy pulled me out this morning. But I broke a tie rod and was wondering how hard it is to replace myself or should I take it somewhere and have them replace it.

104_0416.jpg

104_0417.jpg

104_0418.jpg

104_0419.jpg

104_0420.jpg

any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts

·
Southend Terror Squad
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have two shocks actually ha, I have the dual shock hoop, you just can't see it in the pictures. I'm probably gonna hit up AutoZone or a dealership and see if they have a stock replacement for now and have some buddies come over to help me 'cause I've never replaced anything like this before.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
run to autozone or advance, grab the inner and outer TREs, grab the loaner pickle fork tool, go to town. It shouldn't take but maybe 30 mins to do. You will need to get it aligned or do it yourself...shoot for about 1/16 - 1/8" toe in.

·
Registered
194 Posts
You'll also need a big adjustable wrench. I had to go out and buy a bigger one. Might wanna look into Fabtech tie rods. Mine are holding up great.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Just get some stock tie rod ends and put them things on. All that high dollar crap will wear out the same imo. i dotn buy the cheapest parts but i dont get the most expensive either. like nick said 30 minute job then align the truck.

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
Two things, nice to see some one else out wheeling a late model full size.....

2nd, i cant help but wander if this had anything to do with it :LOL:

104_0418.jpg

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
That little red circle gets alot of people in trouble hahahah

·
Southend Terror Squad
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
of course it didn't have anything to getting stuck, I do anything stupid after a few millers. ha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts