GMC Truck Forum banner

what size tires to run with 3" bodylift on OBS

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am really in a bind on what to do for tires, but the bodylift is now a for sure thing. I am going to go with a 3" bodylift and run one of the combinations in the poll. I was wondering what everyone suggestion is and also if any one has any pics of them. this is for a 98 OBS Z-71 as well.
The tires I am thinking about are TSL Radials, SSR's, Trxus muds, and any other suggestions welcome. I want a good mud tire, that is a radial, and looks meaty as hell.

Also if you don't mind maybe give me suggestions on the tires and rims you would run and why. I am leaning towards Black Rockcrawlers for rims.

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
TSL radials seem to be a good tire. My friend had the pro comp m/t and he loved them. They wore like champs and looked pretty nice

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
tsl radials get my vote. I have ran alot of different tires and I will be sticking with the tsl radial from now on. They ride better then my STS radials did.. JMO

9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome man I was kinda leaning towards the TSL radials anyways. I was wondering though aren't they very skinny? Becuase I want to go with a 33x12.50 or so and I want it to be a fat little tire ya know.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Mine are skinny. But im not sure if the other sizes might be wider or not. my buddies 36.14.50 tsl radials are wide as hell, as they should be but they are true to their size. interco's web site has the actual measurements of every tire so you may want to check that out.

9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aberbaseball7 said:
Mine are skinny. But im not sure if the other sizes might be wider or not. my buddies 36.14.50 tsl radials are wide as hell, as they should be but they are true to their size. interco's web site has the actual measurements of every tire so you may want to check that out.
well it says that the 33x12.50 would be 12.7" wide and yours are 12.6" wide. I was just wondering if mine would appear to be wider due to not being so damn tall next to the 36's? Would you go with a diff tire since urs are so "skinny"?

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Personally I think the stuffed look on your truck is perfect for not being lifted. More and more I like beefy trucks with big meats on stock rims. JMO

But if you want a wide look make sure you get the 10" wide rims but i think they would look fine in a 35 or 33...

9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My best friend really thinks I should go with 35x12.50's on my stock rims, but I am tired of the shit for mileage, and also I am very tired of the reduced turning radius due to rubbing on the frame. Damn decisions

·
Banned
487 Posts
Sevenfold said:
You aren't gonna want my tires if you are going in a lot of mud... mine are an all-terrain type tire.
Trxus STS?

looks like it.. their only good in mud if you got them spinning big time....nothing like my TSL's.
STS's are unstoppable in snow though.

9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cody said:
i ran the bfg 33x12.50x15 on my bl and it looked and performed well
What size rims did you run and how much did u trim? Could you have fit 35's or was it perfect how it was? Let me know please.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts