GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Late Night Insomniac
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im taking my truck into a body shop 2morrow and having some work done. I am going to french some 88-93 caddy lights into my roll pan and want to see some custom pics of some that have been installed. so if you have some plz post them..thanks

·
YUH
7,600 Posts
im gonna play devils advocate and say thats going to look horrible. the caddy lights look best when completely flush where the stock tails used to be.

·
Registered
999 Posts
agreed. i've seen inverted first gen Camaro taillights done in a roll pan and it looked ok.

·
Late Night Insomniac
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my brother installed the same gen caddy lights onto a 2003 silverado awhile back..and i was skeptical on how they would look in the rollpan also..but when i saw the finished product they looked damn good especially frenced (recessed)..i dont see that around town here at all so i thought that it would be a different look to have:head3:

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I say do it, when he finished Alex's lights they looked awesome. I also didn't care for them in the pan before he did them.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I also think caddy's are played out but i mainly just wanted to say you need to update the pics on the link in your sig. Its says things are done to your truck and the pics don't reflect it.

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
this is how my truck was when i bought it. i personally didn't like them in the pan & have since put 94+ caddy tails in the factory location.
back.gif

1a.jpg

1a.jpg

·
Late Night Insomniac
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
izzy- yeah thats what i thought when he told me he was doing that. I didnt think they would look that good but when i saw the finished product i was impressed on how they looked in the rollpan. Plus i dont see that around here at all so i figured i would get it done 4 a different look.

Bagged04- i know i need to update those pics, those are from about 2 years ago. Its camerons' website and he was the one that took all the pics and posted them up. Since he moved back to cali, i havent done much 2 the truck other then the engine swap. But once i get it done and get a camera or something ill post some up. That and its been awhile since i have even been on this site. Kinda fell back on the whole truck scene and now im starting 2 get back into it and get some stuff done that ive been meaning to do.

GoNDown- thanks for posting up those pics :D

·
YUH
7,600 Posts
i didnt know physh was your brother. im in fuckin love with his dually. is the pic that gondown posted what you want to do?

·
Late Night Insomniac
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i didnt know physh was your brother. im in fuckin love with his dually. is the pic that gondown posted what you want to do?
i know it sucks having him as my brother..im getting the tail lights shaved and the caddy lights put in right now, the door shaving will be done in a few weeks..it will be painted in a few months also

1 - 20 of 20 Posts