GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the middle of installing my new front spindles and I haven't bought a service manual for the new truck yet and I need a few torque numbers:

top ball joint
bottom ball joint
hub
calipers

Thanks guys, I'll come back and check for a response in a bit.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Blown 96 WS6 said:
I'm in the middle of installing my new front spindles and I haven't bought a service manual for the new truck yet and I need a few torque numbers:

Thanks guys, I'll come back and check for a response in a bit.
Sorry, no idea .. just tightened them down snug, really ought to use a torque wrench I guess ... hope someone can tell you for sure.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bcubed said:
Sorry, no idea .. just tightened them down snug, really ought to use a torque wrench I guess ... hope someone can tell you for sure.
I called McGaughy's and they gave me the number to a shop that installs their stuff and they gave me some numbers but they didn't sound all that convincing. I used their numbers but I will verify them all as soon as I can get someone to check a service manual.

Upper Ball Joint - 75#
Lower Ball Joint - 45#
Hub - 110#
Calipers - 110#

I also checked with Helms and they don't even have th 04 available for sale yet. So, is anyone has a 99 and newer service manual and can check the numbers I would be grateful

I did get the front done and the rear shackles last night. I will do the hangers this morning and get some pics up later.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
damn it sounds like you're getting ur shit done on ur truck... How big are your tires? Oh please when u drop it, lose the mudflaps

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2k1slvrdo said:
damn it sounds like you're getting ur shit done on ur truck... How big are your tires? Oh please when u drop it, lose the mudflaps
Hehe, mudflaps and all the badges were gone the day after I got it home :LOL: Those pics were taken as soon as I drove it home.

It had a catback at 100 miles, 20" rims w/275/55's Goodyears, the bed has been spray lined by Line-X and I'm just taking a break from finishing the drop. Man, grinding those freakin rivets out is a huge PIA! Particularly the upper forward rivet. I'm gona try a dremel as I can't fit the grinder in there. I'm sure it will take forever and I'll go through a bunch of grinding stones.

Okay, back to work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts