GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i have my 80e sitting in my garage but i dont have all the other stuff i need yet to tackle the install. in the meantime my 60e is doin pretty shitty my 2nd gear is completely gone:flame:. starting from a dead stop goin easy on the gas it will wind 1st out till 30mph at the least because its tryin to get 2nd but there is no 2nd anymore:supergay: then at about 4000rpm it will just go to 3rd. or if i go till about 20 then let off the gas for a sec that will go to 3rd a little quicker. my question is what can i do to get a little more life out of it till i get my 80e in? just somethin to keep it goin cuz its gettin worse and worse by the day...

·
Pink Bear Man...
1,455 Posts
Take it easy on the gas... other than that your sol. Theres no magic pill to make it last longer

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know im tryin! i just dont want to cheap out on parts just to get it in sooner ya know...as for driving i usually drive normal but lately like a grandma. i couldnt beat on it if i wanted to if i floor it, it just redlines while trying to get second year while at 6000rpm in first. ha only did that once.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
i dunno try one of those miracle tranny additives. You dont have anything to lose

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
park it and ride a bike. :imo

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
If you lost second, you probably have a leaky servo or a pin that's not applied properly. I have not seen anyone smoke the 2-4 band yet.

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
If you lost second, you probably have a leaky servo or a pin that's not applied properly. I have not seen anyone smoke the 2-4 band yet.
Would you like me to get a pic of one?? I believe time-before-last when my trans was gone through, the band was pretty much cooked.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Would you like me to get a pic of one?? I believe time-before-last when my trans was gone through, the band was pretty much cooked.

Well that's the first I heard of one. :D Usually it's the direct (3-4) back that craps or something internally breaks.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
park it and ride a bike. :imo
lucas claims magic in a bottle, but your trany is hurtin

werd on the bike.
forgot about this post...yes it is weird, actually :supergay:. fuck the bike idea for i have a 97 dodge minivan! till my truck is done obv. because my mom took her 06 mustang:evil: out of storage since the street sweepers cleaned up all the road salt/sand.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts