GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Cartmans Critters
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I just got done using a rubbing compound from 3M that says it removes hard water spots. It got rid of 80% of them but there are still water spots on my truck.

I know this detail shop I took my last truck to was able to get them off using some acid base stuff.

What can I pick up to get the job done? Something I can pick up local and not have to wait for shipping would be best

·
Cartmans Critters
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
clay bar didnt do the job last time so I doubt it will now.

Im doing it by hand. dont have a PC

I want to know what that acid base shit is that gets it off

·
Geresy Farms
1,292 Posts
Yeah if they are surface water spots clay and vinegar should work as the hard water is alkaline base and the vinegar neutralizes them. If they are etched then no clay won't do anything. Your going to need to buff the surface and possibly sand.

·
Cartmans Critters
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah if they are surface water spots clay and vinegar should work as the hard water is alkaline base and the vinegar neutralizes them. If they are etched then no clay won't do anything. Your going to need to buff the surface and possibly sand.
Oh they are etched Id say. I've used vinegar and rubbing compound and still have water spot outlines that you can see.

Sand the paint? :think:

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
why do ur trucks always have major water spots jon, stop being lazy and take care of your shit :ninja:

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
get some salt be gone it should work.

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
adjust the fucking sprinklers, it aint that hard. just twist them or adjust them so they dont spray so far. :sparta:
:lol: No that's too easy :crazy:

$10 says he'll tell the gardener to do it:lol:

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Sam has a pc and I bet he would help you polish them out. You may have to polish something for him though:supergay: Just ask sam since he has a pc.

·
Registered
318 Posts
clay bar didnt do the job last time so I doubt it will now.

Im doing it by hand. dont have a PC

I want to know what that acid base shit is that gets it off

You mean a decontamination wash? FK1 makes one along with ValuGard.

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
Howd you know I have a gardener? :lol:

Hell yea Im going to tell him, keep my water off my truck or AJ will bite you again :read:
Dude, you're a jew, but you're lazy, so therefore you have an illegal doing your yard :read: :crazy:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Time to invest in a truck cover

1 - 20 of 22 Posts