GMC Truck Forum banner

need suggestions... taking off fender flares

1193 8
alright so I'm a little lost. trying to pretty up my truck for the summer, going with a bigger lift and a new wheel/tire combo soon. But one of the things I never liked about the truck was the fender flares. I have a black truck and the fender flares are textured black. So today I was going to take them off and see if I could paint them but now I have an urge to leave them off.

I took them off with a friend and a bunch of dirt and crud a long with sticky residue was left on there. I'm told I won't beable to get this stuff off, what would you guys suggest?... I have pictures but my camera just died.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20,418 Posts
I think manbearpig only had his on for a few months and they rubbed paint off :(
I noticed mine 3-4 months after I bought the truck. didn't take long at all. But, I do like my flares ( they come factory colormatched ) and I don't plan on taking them off, so I'm not too worried about it.

·
:bishplz:
18,165 Posts
I noticed mine 3-4 months after I bought the truck. didn't take long at all. But, I do like my flares ( they come factory colormatched ) and I don't plan on taking them off, so I'm not too worried about it.
:word: I like mine also. Only reason I'd take them off is to get them painted or if I got the whole truck painted I'd think about leaving them off for a while just to see if I like it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if this doesn't work out the way I want too, any recommendations on what type of paint to use on the fenders? I didn't get time to clean them up so I'm rollin around with a nasty lookin truck, hopefully I'll get them cleaned up or painted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.