GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been scouring internet to no avail, but I'm trying to find a diagram or if anyone can make one to control oem truck fans with 3 relays and dual controller that would be magical.
I'm not going the factory pcm route and tune, I understand the benefits and decided against.

If you can include trinary for high speed trigger that would be great, although I may let temp controller do its thing but if Not effective, I will wire in trinary.

Help Appreciated.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
What year?

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
05+ GM fans
On a 02 regular cab
I don't understand? Your PCM is capable of controlling the fans and cutting them off at high speeds when not needed to save the alternator. Why go around the tested method that works on millions of vechicals?

The 3rd relay is to reverse polarity of the AC trigger. It command passenger on high or both on high with AC on and up to temp.

·
Sexually identifies as a shopping cart.
4,253 Posts
@BoltspeedMen OP has a hardon for doing weird shit vs doing it right. Nothing to see here.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I don't understand? Your PCM is capable of controlling the fans and cutting them off at high speeds when not needed to save the alternator. Why go around the tested method that works on millions of vechicals?

The 3rd relay is to reverse polarity of the AC trigger. It command passenger on high or both on high with AC on and up to temp.
The alternator isn't up to stuff anyways. Hoping it shits again before the warranty is up for a 145amp.
To answer your question, really cant stand tuners. Not to say the one I use isn't great at it, just an ass.
Plus, at 45mph + speeds the fans might be on 15 seconds before the switch turns them off.
I just don't want the fans on high with the a/c before the thermostat is even open.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
The alternator isn't up to stuff anyways. Hoping it shits again before the warranty is up for a 145amp.
To answer your question, really cant stand tuners. Not to say the one I use isn't great at it, just an ass.
Plus, at 45mph + speeds the fans might be on 15 seconds before the switch turns them off.
I just don't want the fans on high with the a/c before the thermostat is even open.
Why do you not want a fan on high with a/c on? Are you against cold a/c? Turn the a/c off on start ups if you want to be 1960 about it.

And apparently your tuner sucks pretty bad if your purposely going out your way to make a simple factory e-fan setup as complicated as possible because you don't want to get your highly engineered and very cable PCM that had literally millions of dollars of research, pins turned on? You have the best fan controller you could ask for already installed. But screw it let's go to autozone.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why do you not want a fan on high with a/c on? Are you against cold a/c? Turn the a/c off on start ups if you want to be 1960 about it.

And apparently your tuner sucks pretty bad if your purposely going out your way to make a simple factory e-fan setup as complicated as possible because you don't want to get your highly engineered and very cable PCM that had literally millions of dollars of research, pins turned on? You have the best fan controller you could ask for already installed. But screw it let's go to autozone.
I do actually keep a/c off on start ups.
I just finished going to my tuner before realizing I could do that through pcm.
I'm sure these fans on low speed would keep it cold. No reason to be on high when cruising highway.
Did the thread title read 'critisize my question' ?
Guess I need to re-title.
Thanks for input.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Been scouring internet to no avail, but I'm trying to find a diagram or if anyone can make one to control oem truck fans with 3 relays and dual controller that would be magical.
I'm not going the factory pcm route and tune, I understand the benefits and decided against.

If you can include trinary for high speed trigger that would be great, although I may let temp controller do its thing but if Not effective, I will wire in trinary.

Help Appreciated.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
There’s a write up already. I think “05+ fans on 99-02”

Google 99-02 e-fam swap and it pops up. All the diagrams you need.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts