GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
LSX LUV Owner
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was originally going to lift my crew cab.. but i just cant stray away from a slammed vehicle. so i think i want the mcgaughys 5/7 kit(93030), unless theres a different brand kit someone recommends? wheres the best place to buy the kit from?

i obviously have the one piece shaft.. i know alot of you swap to a two piece, but i would rather clearance everything to keep the factory drive shaft. seems like the same amount of work either way IMO.

the notches that come with the mcgaughys kit.. is that the best "bolt in" style notch, or is there a diff brand, even weld on that will give me more clearance?

shocks.. i see the people that are wanting to ride good running shocks or other comparable brands.. how much for the set of 4? im guessing ill have to call them with the lenghts i want?

truck currently has 265/65/17's on it.. will those clear fine with the 5/7 with no notching fenderwells up front?

helper bags.. i think air lift makes a kit? with that kit, i can still haul like i would in factory suspension trim? i already have an air tank and compressor mounted under the truck for my horns, so i got that part covered.

are shock extenders still recommended if im getting custom shocks for it?

i think thats all i can think of.. i hope you smart bastards can answer all my questions!:tongue:

·
Smiggles
3,493 Posts
I think my brother is running around the same size tires, if he is, I don't think they'll work with a 5/7 he rubs his when he does a full lock turn and every once in a while over bumps

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Check out some of Red02Chevy's threads. He has a 2006ish black crew cab, lowered to 5/9 now I think.

Are you sure your tires are 265's? From what I've seen from all the pics, they look more like 245/70/17's, although I could be wrong. 245's were pretty common on 2wd with 17" rims.

·
#NBHNC
2,828 Posts
I'm sitting at 5/8 with a 255/60 tire and its about perfect height IMO
I believe it's like right at 29inches and I don't rub at all.

I have some Beilstien shocks and they ride perfect for me.
I'm needing Helper bags though and yes some Helpers will allow you to hall like you would stock just fine.
I know of a guy that had an Extended Cab NBS that was lowered 4/6 I believe and he pulled prolly around a 5500# boat just fine

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I'm sitting at 5/8 with a 255/60 tire and its about perfect height IMO
I believe it's like right at 29inches and I don't rub at all.

I have some Beilstien shocks and they ride perfect for me.
I'm needing Helper bags though and yes some Helpers will allow you to hall like you would stock just fine.
I know of a guy that had an Extended Cab NBS that was lowered 4/6 I believe and he pulled prolly around a 5500# boat just fine
so a 255/60..

anyone have pics of the helper bag kits installed?
heres when i was 5/8 with 255/60/17. its perfect

·
Registered
221 Posts
Anything more than 4" in the rear and you will need to notch it. I'm at 2/4 on my CC and could benefit from a notch, but it only bottoms on big bumps and I just switched the stock shocks out for edelbrock's, which ride 100 times better.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
is there any reason why i cant weld on spring perches for my flip kit? its only 13$ for the two perches...

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/RS/SR/Product/54585090_L.jpg[/IMG

i have different ubolts already... if i need them[/QUOTE]
Check this out. This guy made his own flip kit, and then made a 2" lift hanger for a 4" drop.

[url]http://gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89334[/url]
[quote="Wicked Mayhem, post: 3188912"]265/65/17 on 4/6????[/QUOTE]
Somebody had 265/70/17 on a 3/5, so it might work.

·
#NBHNC
2,828 Posts
265/65 should work out fine... but trust me I'd just go ahead for the 255/60's
They'll look fine on a 4/6... shit they looked alright on my truck at stock height.

·
Vendor
2,493 Posts
dude get the djm 3/6 drop kit ill hook you up cheapest anywhere shipped.

rear kits the same stuff and djm fronts have no lowering issues align right. problem is guys are selling people old kits which didnt include camber bolts and so some people are upset.

all kits are new ship from djm to you

or the 2 inch drop springs ride better than stock and will save you $$$$

tony

btw my s10 blazer was lower than yours sucka lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts