GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hola,

i know some of you have done this to run amp wires. i need to pull the kickboards by the doors and lift up the carpet on the corners. how do i do that? is it easy, sorry i havent looked been rushed today, but if you see in the offroad forum, i had a BIT of a flooding problem :D and now i need to lift up some of the carpet to dry the padding out in the rear corners

thanks

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
The floor molding by the doors just pops right off, not sure but i think the carpet pretty much lifts up after that but not 100% sure. If its not real wet dont even bother, just hit it with a wet/dry vac if you got access to one or the ones at the coin car wash. Also you can hit it with your air compressor hose to blow the water out of the carpet if you got a compressor. Ive done this when it wasnt bad and its worked good, no water molds grew :grin:

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha thanks Stephen. yeah the more and more i bang up my truck like this i see why you enjoy beating the hell out of yours :evillol:

yeah they looked like i could pull them off. i definatly need to the rear corner is SOAKED ill keep hitting it with a towel and leaving the doors open to let sunlight hit it every day all day until monday/tues when i can pull the carpet.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Badassilverado said:
I think Stephen just need's to have his entire truck dipped in a vat of Line-X. :read:
How much you think that would cost me :crazy: I serisouly need that! When im doing my SFA im putting POR on everything you can see underneath pretty much. Its suposed to hold up to just about anything. ALL the suspension will be done, the frame, who knows what else. Also if anyone knows a place that does line-x for a good deal let me know, I really am in the market to do the floorboards etc... Then maybe some wet oakle seat covers... I could get it pretty damn easy to wash!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts