GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Cali Customs
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my fellow members

i want to go lower on my NNBS , currently running the MCG Kit 3/5 , about to install the 1" shackles and i will be running on 24's if i get the tires if not i will sure go smaller maybe 22's or 20's NOT SURE YET ..

another issue is the bouncey ride , i seriously suffer from stiffness of the shocks , it just bounces like nuts i heard beltech were supose to solve the issue , but i just got the full kit less than 3 months ag or so .

any bone throwing is welcomed .

Joe

·
LAID OUT TIRE FRYER
1,992 Posts
get some shocks from summit racing. same as doescth tech, however the hell you spell it.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
I didnt like the summit shocks either. I got monroe sensatracs locally and they are 10x better.

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
Wooow , ok what about beltech ?

and how can i go lower people .. ??

You want a softer ride, run the Street Performer shocks by Belltech. I personally dont like them, too soft. Have them on my truck now.

Edelbrock IAS shocks were hands down the best ones I have used, but they are pricey.

You can go lower by running a 2" spindle w/ 3" coil and flipping the rear and adding a 2" drop shackle. That will make you a 5/7.

If you want lower, start looking into airbags.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
I had belltechs.. they were okay. I like the monroe's much better tho. Lifetime warranty and you can get them locally. As for going lower what does your drop consist of right now?

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Add a 2" shackle and change your coil out for a 3" so you will have a 5/7 drop

·
Vendor
2,493 Posts
djm rear shocks :)

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
im about to install the shackles today,
the kit and how it looks like now
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147133

hmmm part numbers for the shocks u guys
Armando and myself both run Monroe air shocks ($50/set) and they are fuggin great. He only wanted 6" drop so instead of adding hangers/shackle etc, we just did the 7" drop which is $125, then aired his up to reach the goal of 6" drop. Mines at 7" with about 37lbs but I can raise mine like 3" more with about 80 lbs. Its kinda nice too for hauling things...just air it up.

RGV guys turned me onto this solution

·
Registered
84 Posts
my airshocks ride like crap.... the wheels bounce uncontrollably when i am doing between 50- 60 mph...like basketballs going down the road... i want to replace them... but have a KP going on soon... i wonder monroes or drop shocks for a 5 inch flip will also work on the kp when i put them on or is the stroke going to be too long???

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
He posted this in another thread, just trying to make sure you see it.

YOU STILL HAVE YOUR BUMPSTOP BRACKETS, no new shocks or magic voodoo will fix a bouncy ride from that. Cut the bumpstop bracket!! :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :whoa:

·
Cali Customs
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i snapped more pix .. locate my issue please

please point out what needs to cut or what .. i really need help on this one .. and what will i benefit and what can i do to go lower ..

thanx

1 - 20 of 44 Posts