GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I Bleed Silver & Blue
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I am about to order my 22s soon with 305/40s. I asked about 45s but the shop I am buying the wheels from said I would need to trim alittle on the inner fender. So Anyways I dont want to drop my tahoe to much, I just want to drop it alittle to give it a nice stance on my 22s what do you guys perfer? I've heard good things about McGaughtys but just curious on what you guys think.

I posted awhile back asking for pictures of lowered yukons and tahoes but now I am coming down the home stretch and want to double check before I do my thing.

Thanks in advance

·
I Bleed Silver & Blue
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone?

·
Bassmaster
701 Posts
Is it 2 or 4 wheel drive?? If its a 2 wheel drive, I dont know how much room youd have to drop w/ those big tires. On my Sierra, I get a slight rub on the drivers side w/ my tires which are 275/55/20 (31.91" tall). The 305/40/22's are 31.61" tall but are alot wider. You might have to just settle for some rear shackles to level her out.

·
I Bleed Silver & Blue
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its 4wd. Yea I think I will just do the shackles in the back.

·
I Bleed Silver & Blue
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whats a 2/4 drop look like?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Picture011.jpg
HERE IS MINE 2/4 285/35/22 FRONT 305/40/22 IN REAR MO RUB AND I DIDNT HAVE TO ROLL THE FENDER

·
I Bleed Silver & Blue
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BLOWN03 what kit do you have?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I Have A Chassis Tech Cheap Kit From 03. Front Springs And Rear Shackles And Hangers If I Knew What I Know Now I Would Of Gone With Mcguaghties Spindle And Rear Spring Kit

·
Bassmaster
701 Posts

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
2/4 on 22s... 22x10 with 285/40 in back, and 22x8.5 with 265/40 in front... no rub, no clearance issues, nothing...

RobbieFront.jpg

·
I Bleed Silver & Blue
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
whats a 2/4 cost and whats included in a 2/4? I'm alittle knew to this truck suspension stuff

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
You said you want to drop your tahoe, right?
If so, I'd go with a 2/3 drop (keys and springs with shock exterders). NBS tahoes do not have shackles, they have coil springs out back and torsion keys up front. You can also use spindles, but for a minor drop like that, IMO there is no need to. You can go with Mcgaughy's, DJM, Belltech, or Ground Force. They'll all work fine.

·
I Bleed Silver & Blue
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You said you want to drop your tahoe, right?
If so, I'd go with a 2/3 drop (keys and springs with shock exterders). NBS tahoes do not have shackles, they have coil springs out back and torsion keys up front. You can also use spindles, but for a minor drop like that, IMO there is no need to. You can go with Mcgaughy's, DJM, Belltech, or Ground Force. They'll all work fine.
yea I was looking at a few 2/3 kits on ebay and I think I am gonna go with that. thanks man :shake:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts