GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought these - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33716&item=2478473637

notice theyre 03 tails with the red around the edge. "The above lights are the actual ones you will be receiving."

I got them today and theyre the 04's with the black around the edge instead of the red. :pissed:

I wanted the red ones, but I wonder since my truck is black if they would look ok having the black around them...your thoughts?

To me the black edge sort of looks like the ricer thing where they paint a thick edge around their tail or head lights making them look smaller....sorta like the 'eyelid' thing....but I dont know....

also, they shipped it with the bulbs and wires, but the wires are cut and there is no connector - will these splice right into the 03 Sierra taillight wires?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
thanks seven - I was searching for a pic of the 04's to compare - the pic you posted is perfect

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
The black edge 04's look great on a black truck! My friend Harley D just bought a black 04 Chevy ext cab and has the black edge ones. They are awesome on a black truck. You'll like them better than the 03's. They kinda give em that smoked look too.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the opinions - I might end up sticking with these

·
Registered
639 Posts
I just got my new taillights today!!!

These are 2 weeks away from being availble to the general public! I am the first to have these. I will be putting them on my truck tomorrow.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
I like the 04 tails better than the 03's.. that's why I got the 04's instead... just my opinion

04's definitely look better on a balck truck

·
Registered
716 Posts
The 04's do look better on a black truck. I had a set of 04's that I traded for my friends 03's. I like the 03's better cuz my truck is gray so I traded the tails to my friend. It doesnt matter anymore if they are 03's or 04's cuz I had them smoked so you cant tell the difference.

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
:word: to what everyone said.

04 = Black Truck (they especially look like shit on a white truck IMO)

03 = Everything else

Plus, if it was me...I would probably be too damn anxious to put them on if I had them (no matter if they were 03 or 04 :crazy:)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
HumanZoom said:
:word: to what everyone said.

04 = Black Truck (they especially look like shit on a white truck IMO)

03 = Everything else

Plus, if it was me...I would probably be too damn anxious to put them on if I had them (no matter if they were 03 or 04 :crazy:)
I agree, after my 2nd post I had them on the truck in a few minutes - looks really good actually - I'm picking it up tomarrow - it will have the pan welded in and tailgate handle shaved new lights etc, pics to come :head:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts