GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the glue on my headliner is starting to fail and I have replaced it with the 3m adhesive, but that is only a temporary solution. I have searched high and low for a new headliner but can only find the cloth. Does anyone know where I can look to find a totally new one?

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
dealer or junkyard :shrug:

·
Registered
181 Posts
pull your old one down, and replace the cloth yourself. its incredibly easy to do.
Hardest part is removal of healdiner with out bending the cardboard backing. but with patients, that's not a problem.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pull your old one down, and replace the cloth yourself. its incredibly easy to do.
Hardest part is removal of healdiner with out bending the cardboard backing. but with patients, that's not a problem.
See my only problem with that is the 3M fabric adhesive I'm using leaves dark spots where it's sprayed, and I don't want that all over my headliner, and I also have a sunroof so that makes replacing it just a little harder, and finally the cardboard by the passenger window is sagging slightly. Idk if that is an easy fix or not, but i know replacing the whole thing would solve all my problems.

That is also why a junkyard find is next to impossible- finding one in good condition and the same color wouldn't be too hard, but with a sunroof also... That's a game changer.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Alil fiberglass epoxy on the top of the cardboard will solve the saggy problem.

Spray the adhesive on the cardboard itself, let it get tacky before applying the cloth and it wont bleed through if you dont press it on to hard.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alil fiberglass epoxy on the top of the cardboard will solve the saggy problem.

Spray the adhesive on the cardboard itself, let it get tacky before applying the cloth and it wont bleed through if you dont press it on to hard.
Awesome, I'll look into that stuff thanks! Unfortunately after an extremely heavy rain, I discovered I have a water leak somewhere and that is most likely what is the root of the problem, so I'll have to figure that out first.

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
Check the sun roof drains...usually the cause of.leaks in sunroof models. It could also be ur third brake light....gaskets dry out

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check the sun roof drains...usually the cause of.leaks in sunroof models. It could also be ur third brake light....gaskets dry out
It's not the third brake light, I bought a new one within the past 3 months, and this has been going on longer than that, but I didn't realize how bad it was until this recent rain. Where are the sunroof drains? And if it was the sunroof, wouldn't water leak directly around it as well?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts