GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any thing wrong with a body lift...how long will it last...does the performance slack with it...just all around what is bad about a body lift

9,777 Posts
Nothing is wrong with a bodylift...only "negatives" is higher center of gravity, and it shows more frame. There is nothing unsafe or bad about a bodylift at all.

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
also, depending on whether you relocate your rear bumper or not, you can no longer pull from the back bumper. In order to fit a grill guard, the brackets must be modified. Otherwise they're fine. I've run one and would probably run one again.

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
agreed... they dont affect performance or anything like that... only slowing affects will be from larger tires, etc.
if you do a BL, do it right with gap gaurds and raisng the bumpers. itll last as long as the truck

great way to get 3" w/out messing with the suspension IMO

·
Registered
106 Posts
your good as long as you dont do something getto that is more then 3" of body lift cuz then you will see alot of body roll around turns/ custom body lifts are unsafe! bolts breaking and stuff like that

·
GMC Owner
188 Posts
Performance wise body lifts are nice because it gives you a lot of clearence with little to maintenance...the down side is they look like crap on any type of vehicle. Even if you put all of the relocating brackets on your bumpers and put gap guards in your wheel wells they still do not look very good.....hope this helps

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
not on a older toyota, becaus when BLEd it looks like a factory truck. The toy bodies would sit really low on the frame. Just a thought hahah

·
Registered
309 Posts
Newer body lift kits come with permanent strength thread locker for the bolts. I'm about to finish installing one on a '98 short bed. I had to wait until I designed and built the dump kit to fit both the truck and the lift. I made my own pucks in the rear out of delrin since they had to be 1/4" taller and countersunk for flush bolts.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what do u think...do u guys recomend it and how much do u think i could get it for installed and everything

·
Registered
999 Posts
another thing that has been argued is added stress on the body mounts in the body caused by the increased leverage on the bolts. increased leverage + longer bolts = not a very good idea IMO, besides they look like crap.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Buy the body lift and use the extra blocks for coil spring spacers :imo

·
GMC Owner
188 Posts
What is it going on? Body lifts usually go installed at an offroad shop for about $500-$550. Thats with all of the gap guards and bumper kits. I would personaly go with suspension but thats just me. BL's look ugly.....at least on GM's they do.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
everywhere ive went they want 700+ with gap gaurds and installed...
What is it going on? Body lifts usually go installed at an offroad shop for about $500-$550. Thats with all of the gap guards and bumper kits. I would personaly go with suspension but thats just me. BL's look ugly.....at least on GM's they do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts