GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it ppssible to get a tune, but keep your org PCM, also will it have the mileage/Vin from the another truck it was taken from.

all i want in a tune is this darn TQM GONE ! or at least 50%

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking that the computer knows all and remembers all, so when you take it in for warranty work and they happen to conect it to a reader they will see different info ??? I know for a fact that it has a memory chip that records every 20-30 sec of the vehicle operation (speed, breaking, air bag deployment) my only concern is warranty info, You know GM will say anything to avoid paying for a warranty repair

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
the mileage is stored in the PCM. if you go to allen, you can tune the PCM you have. if you switch them out, the dealer will still warranty your truck. you just have to tell them you had the PCMs changed out. you get the new PCM programmed for your VIN before its sent. allen gets this question alot.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I will have to take some time off and go down to SA it's only 3-4 hr's away from me 2.5 if no DPS JK! (Be Safe) will they be able to do it on a walk-in.

as you guy's know my TQM issues, I was coming back from Home D, and as i was pulling out it was slow, 25mph but when i gave it more gas about 1/2, it down shifted and I chriped the tires :think:

The sooner the better :D

·
Registered
378 Posts
i dont beleieve that the mileage is stored in the pcm. i beleieve it is stored in the bcm. i have changed several pcm's and the milkeage is always right on. you can cchange pcm's but the truck keeps the correct mileage on it. also if you want to keep the original you can but he is going to send you a pcm that is going to have the latest updates on it as well as a good tune.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
allen knows for sure, but a GM tech told me ( who knows how much is true) but the mileage is supposedly stored in 7 locations throughout the truck.

·
I'd hit it
62 Posts
Josh said:
allen knows for sure, but a GM tech told me ( who knows how much is true) but the mileage is supposedly stored in 7 locations throughout the truck.
Just had my cluster changed out to the escalade and had the cluster sent away to have reprogrammed with new milage. Not saying that it is not stored elsewhere, I just doubt it.Allen never asks for your milage...he sends you a PCM before you sends yours back...so no milage info. The VIN on the other hand is stored in alot of locations. But with Allen's or whomever's, your VIn is burned(flashed) into the replacement. You'll be fine. ANd Allen definitely lets you keep your core. You just pay for it since he doesn't get to recycle it. HOWEVER, if you are doing major mods, like cams and such...don't bother with a core, stock tune wouldn't work well any way. Allen hooks you up with any free updates needed as well....that's the one whole reason he kicks ass. :imo

But as Josh says...Allen knows for sure. Ask him if you can pull him away from STS mod. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.