GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Cross Into the Blue
Joined
·
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so whats the scoop on these tunes? which is better and which costs less? what are the differences?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
601 Posts
pcmforless.com is cheapest. They do it for $260 after core. Free updates for 60 days and then $50 there after. Brian Herter is the programmer there, known for his impala SS lt1 tuning.

one thing to note, they are all using the same "program" I don't mean tune, but software to create the tune. They all ls1edit.
 

·
Line-X of San Antonio
Joined
·
5,237 Posts
for your truck i will say nelson. he is local, and can throw your truck on the dyno and tune it. the others can only do a mailorder tune which isnt as comprehensive. westers is good, but he is still a little on the conservative side in his tuning. allen is a one time charge with free updates for any mods you make in the future, no 50$ everytime you want to change. knowing you, something will change on your truck. there are more reasons, but ill just tell you in person :read:
 

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
Joined
·
14,932 Posts
I have a tune from Allen, works great for me. Just depends on what ya like better I suppose...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
601 Posts
Josh said:
for your truck i will say nelson. he is local, and can throw your truck on the dyno and tune it. the others can only do a mailorder tune which isnt as comprehensive. westers is good, but he is still a little on the conservative side in his tuning. allen is a one time charge with free updates for any mods you make in the future, no 50$ everytime you want to change. knowing you, something will change on your truck. there are more reasons, but ill just tell you in person :read:
You'd ahve do do a number of updates to justify the increased price if going the mailorder route. If you need two more changes you are still at $360 which is still cheaper.

I will agree a dyno tune is much better if available, and worth paying more for.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
PCMforless also charges you for shipping for your initial tune and every time you get an update!!! And for some odd reason the newer the truck the more the shipping is. I thought the PCM's weighed the same? :crazy: Sounds like they are trying to make up for their cheaper initial cost with the added costs. Allen ships it to you and you only have to pay to ship your core back to him and free updates with no hidden additional cost. And everyone knows how addicting it is once you start with upgrades and add on's and making your truck faster you can't seem to be able to stop. So you will probably need a couple tunes. :head:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
254 Posts
CrazyAggie05 said:
nelson is local? well shit that sounds awesome...josh gimmie some info
I'm always in and out of the shop, let me know when you wanna stop by and i'll be glad to answer all your questions, or call anytime, 210-626-0278

talk to you later,


allen
 

·
Line-X of San Antonio
Joined
·
5,237 Posts
CrazyAggie05 said:
nelson is local? well shit that sounds awesome...josh gimmie some info
i need to get the 04 tuned. maybe we can get em both done at the same time. allen is easy as hell to deal with. call him, he will answer any of your questions.
 

·
Cross Into the Blue
Joined
·
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sweet...i talked to allen today, looks like im gonna get a tune as soon as he gets his dyno up and runnin. josh your comin wiht me hehe
 

·
Line-X of San Antonio
Joined
·
5,237 Posts
CrazyAggie05 said:
sweet...i talked to allen today, looks like im gonna get a tune as soon as he gets his dyno up and runnin. josh your comin wiht me hehe
shit, im gonna get my tune done too :read:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
464 Posts
I am looking at getting a tune to, but I would kinda like a ruff estimate for my truck. I also would be unable to take my truck to him, being I live a ways away....
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top