GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2011 Silverado Driver
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished getting my sd2-10 in my nnbs extended cab and I'm loving it, but my alpine sps-610 coaxs in the rear aren't cutting it. When I did the sub I also added a Kenwood KAC-8406 4 channel amp to the speakers that puts out around 70w rms which is great for my front sps-610 components but theres definitely some midbass missing so I was thinking about ditching the coax in the rear and replacing them with some neo pro 6.5s mounted on some mdf in the rear doors.

My question is: are the neopro 6.5s the best bet for that or should I put the $200 towards better components and move the alpine components to the rear?

Also, since I'm only running 70w rms is that gonna be underpowering the neopros so much that they won't sound good?

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
i like neo pros but i have a specific use for them, not everyone likes pro audio

But! if i was you i wouldnt run a rear stage, i havent ran a rear stage in years and i like it better

·
2011 Silverado Driver
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i like neo pros but i have a specific use for them, not everyone likes pro audio

But! if i was you i wouldnt run a rear stage, i havent ran a rear stage in years and i like it better
I know everyone says ditch the rear but when I first put my speakers in I only had the fronts in for a couple of days and once I put in the rears it definitely felt like a fuller sound. I know that most people agree theres no difference, but I really like how the cab is filled with sound with 4 6.5in speakers in the extended cabs.

So one of the guys at the place I was getting my sub installed was talking these up pretty good and I had considered putting these up front and putting the alpine components in the rear just to keep the sound full

Anyone have any experience with these massive audio RK6 components? The guy I talked to was ditching his hertz hsk's for these

·
2011 Silverado Driver
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Comps up front and mids in rear door. Depending on power the rear stage might be louder if you use neos

1 - 6 of 6 Posts