GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever noticed that red LED on their controls? I've always wondered how to activate it...anyone have a clue?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is this one of those things that you have to clap 3 times, stand up and sit down, hold the door lock button, with the ignition in the Acc position, all while having your foot hold down the emergency brake, gas pedal, and brake pedal?

AHHAHAHAHA

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
I'd go check but I dont feel like walking out to the garage...... I believe Travis is right, you just push both the 4hi and 2 hi buttons :D

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My manual is aboot 350mi from me or I'd get it out and see what the scoop is on it. :)

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
Hit Man X said:
Is this one of those things that you have to clap 3 times, stand up and sit down, hold the door lock button, with the ignition in the Acc position, all while having your foot hold down the emergency brake, gas pedal, and brake pedal?

AHHAHAHAHA
yes

but dont forget to put on the hazards and use the left blinker twice then punch the door lock button upside down while eating a cookie.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool, I'll have to give this a try... that red LED looks cool. :D

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
is there any reason why you would want to put the transfer-case in neutral...you might have one or something but i really cant think of a reason. and if you wanna see the red LED light up just press 4hi and 2hi back and forth..heh

·
2,451 Posts
spitfire2332 said:
is there any reason why you would want to put the transfer-case in neutral...you might have one or something but i really cant think of a reason. and if you wanna see the red LED light up just press 4hi and 2hi back and forth..heh
if you are towing the vehicle

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
slayermike said:
easier on the drive train it wont spin the transfer case when towing

Ohhhhhh, very cool! :worship:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
spitfire2332 said:
any reason why you wouldnt just put the truck in neutral?
Yes, because if you put the tranny in neutral, the driveshaft still spins inside the transmission, and since the transmission isn't pumping fluid all around in there, it will build up heat and hurt the tranny. When you put the tcase in neutral, nothing spins, and you can tow it freely. This is why my dad and I dropped the driveshaft on his 2wd suburban when we towed it 300 miles. :read:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts