GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FINALY!!! got me some 20s... got a killer deal on em, great nitto tires, got a good deal, and now ive found out the rear tires hit the bed when i hit a bump... theres only about an inch of travel room before the tire hits the fender. i dont know if i wanna ditch the idea and givem back to the guy, cut the lip on the finder, or bend the lip... any suggestion?!

...pics will be up soon

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
roll the lip...i've cut probably a 1/4" out of the sidewall of my tire b/c they were too big..after rolling the lip, no more problems:read:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Looks like boss wheels right.. What size tire you running? Those look like nitto 420s tires, im going to guess 265/50r20. Looks good though. give us some more info on the step. I think you shoudl keep the rims and tires and adjust the drop.

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
roll the fenders... enjoy the new wheels...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
more [email protected]!KING problems ... did some rollin today and noticed my ass end is WAY off ... the driver side tucks and the pass has about an inch gap. i know alotta that could be the gas in my tank but the driver side has no clearance problems... pass side still hits the fender... WTF

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah ... ill take some pics as soon as i can. i dont know wtf it is ... the pass side is at least an inch further out than the driver side. hell i dont know ... pics are gonna be my best explanation

·
Giggity Giggity Giggity
3,169 Posts
That truck is low. I like the stance though.

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
loosen the bed bolts and try shifting it to get it centered... I have had to do this before.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Ya thats funny cause I just put the spindles on my trucck and now my truk is @ a 5/88 drop with 235/60/15's and I raped my passenger side fender. My drivers side is completely fine.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DSCI0228-1.jpg

DSCI0227-1.jpg

DSCI0234.jpg

thanks for all the responses guys ... heres some better pics of the situation ... ima try the bed and see what happens

·
U-Turn Master
239 Posts
Are you sure the wheels have the same backspacing? Swap sides and see if it looks the same.

·
GMFS Senior Member
1,946 Posts
thats pretty normal on the low static drops. gm offsets the rearends to to right for some stupid reason. you can try loosening the u-bolts and make sure the rear is seated all the way on the leaf pins. i've seen that fix in before.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts