GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if 3rd coast is making bigger lifts now. I know they used to offer only up to 12-14 inch kits for the HDs, but these redesigned kits look more like 18"

·
cracker ass fantastic
616 Posts
i dont know. but that is wayyy too much subframe for my liking. if someone is goin that big why not sas?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
looks like 16" on a hd or 18" on a 1500...

·
The Green Seal
3,721 Posts
oh boy, where do i sign up

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
the answer to ur question is YES

·
Fortune Favors The Brave
6,321 Posts
That HD looks to have a 12" or 14" kit of those are 40's beacue im clearing mine by a lot more with my 16" kit

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
the angle of the pic has alot to do with it. thats why urs looks so much taller. it is a 16" from what i was told

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
That looks horrible. Their designers couldn't come up with a better design than an arrow point down with lines in it? (Or roman columns or wtf it is?)

I guess FTS used up all of the other geometric shapes.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
the truck has the perfect combo but maybe a different color powdercoat might have made it look just a little bit better...but still odd

·
4,725 Posts
Put a TV on the tbar drop brackets. Make sure fast and the furious is playing.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I mean have you really gained any offroad ablility with that shit hanging so low. Looks like that thing would get hung on everything. Oh yea and it looks like shit too!

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
I mean have you really gained any offroad ablility with that shit hanging so low.
Even on stock tires, the differential/subframe/torsion bar x-member aren't any closer to the ground compared to stock. With 40" tires, they're actually 5" further away from the ground.

I can't think of any lift kits that make you loose ground clearance.

·
Registered
424 Posts
All I am saying is if your are leaving the torsion bar x-member and the subframe at stock heights, do you really gain anything. I would be scared to cross over a medium sized hill due to the torsion bar bracket being so low in comparison to the rest of the truck.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts