GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a new black sileverado with the new body style, 4.8L, LS package and 2wd. traded in my H/C 500 hp trailblazer ss for it, for various reasons -so getting used to the decreased power is different! however, i like the way the silvy rides MUCH better than the TBSS.

anyways, being that it is a 2wd RCSB truck, the front end sags lower than the rear part of the truck or the rear end is lifted more than the front end of the truck - however you want to look at it. to paraphrase - its not level, it has that "stink bug" look, and i dont like it!

the most i have ever done with suspension was putting drag coil springs on my GTO, so i am not the most informed on truck suspensions.

THE POINT - should i
1) raise the front end to level off with the higher rear end
or
2) lower the rear end of the vehicle to level it off with the front end

what would be the best way to do it considering price (i have seen those coil over spacers that lift the front a bit for like $70 on ebay), maintaining stock ride comfort and warrenty and lastly your opinions on which would look better. i have contemplated putting some silverado ss 20s on if i lower it, or saving the cash and keeping the stock wheels/tires on it and lift the front end to level it off. i dont think it would look "right" with 20s if i lift the front end up a hair, but let me know what you think!

thanks!

also - anybody know where i can get a bumper without all that terrible looking chrome? i want all gloss black matching to the body, not chrome?

heres the truck
DSC01123.jpg

DSC01124.gif

·
Registered
352 Posts
Re: New Body Style 2007 Silverado RCSB 2wd - to lift or lower, with leveling out in m

I dont know much about suspensions either but I'm pretty sure it would be easier to drop the back and level it out. And you probably could just paint your current bumpers just might need to strip the chrome, I'm not sure if they have paintable bumpers for the 07's. Sweet truck though

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Re: New Body Style 2007 Silverado RCSB 2wd - to lift or lower, with leveling out in m

From everything I've seen so far a mild lift wouldn't be out of the question, but it'd be much easier to level it out IMO... also w/ the size of those fender openings anything less than a 24" wheel looks toooooooo small.

What happend w/ the TBSS?? PM me if you don't wanna post it here.

·
resident pyromaniac
7,499 Posts

lift it..i dont care for these trucks lowered as much as i do lifted:imo

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts

i say you lower it

·
Registered
3,222 Posts

5/7 drop on 24's IMFO!....but if you dont wanna go that low (which isnt evenb very low on these new trucks) just drop the rear down a few inches to level it out

·
Registered
1,001 Posts

Regular cab? Dump that thing to the ground.

·
Registered
406 Posts

I'd lift it. When I get mine thats what I'll be doing. IMO, it will take much more than a mild drop in the back to level it out. I have seen 3/4 drops on these trucks that look like 2" shackles only on the older ones.

Besides, those bulky fenders are just begging for larger tires.

By the way, how do you like the truck? I'm wanting to order one with the 4.8 and a RCLB.

·
Registered
6,154 Posts

5/7 drop on 24's IMFO!....but if you dont wanna go that low (which isnt evenb very low on these new trucks) just drop the rear down a few inches to level it out
word

·
Registered
3,382 Posts

:word:

·
U-Turn Master
239 Posts

Holy crap, you know these things sit high, I just realized that neither DJM's rear 6" kit or Mcgaughys rear 7" kit include a c-notch. They both say you just need to change out the bump stop to the shorter one included in the kit. I'd say, DJM 4" arms, Mcgaughys 2" coils and their 7" flip kit, pull a leaf and notch it on 24's :)

Oh and while I'm dreamin' color match the front and pan the rear!

Oh but you had choices huh.......well level it and put the SS wheels. You'll roll it that way for a week before you decide to go lower:) For some reason, I hate lifted 2wd's.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

From everything I've seen so far a mild lift wouldn't be out of the question, but it'd be much easier to level it out IMO... also w/ the size of those fender openings anything less than a 24" wheel looks toooooooo small.

What happend w/ the TBSS?? PM me if you don't wanna post it here.
having a 500hp+ flywheel trailblazer is awesome and all, but i really wanted and partially needed a real truck, w/ a bed. i demodded the TBSS minorly, but i left the heads and the cam. i could have pulled the afrs off and sold them for $1800, but it wasnt worth my time or the headache of doing a head swap in my garage again.

besides, my new plans include getting a used 05 gto in a couple years and making it into nothing but a seasonal fun car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

save up and fuckin bag it.
i just came from a severly modded trailblazer w/ no warrenty whatsoever. i have no intentions of going extreme on this particular truck, as i will by daily driving it.

also, i have never been a fan of REAL low or REAL lifted. i just want a moderate leveling out here.

thanks

todd

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

thanks for all the input though, guys!

·
Registered
2,337 Posts

Todd Welcome to the site

I think you should go like 5/7 with it.. but if you donta wanna go that low.. I vote for leveling it by lowering the rear - it will still look a whole lot better

Nice truck btw

·
Registered
406 Posts

Has anyone seen the new trucks like Vtodd's with just a 2" shackle drop and say stock 17" wheels with some sport truck tires 275-60-17's"?

I am still trying to sell my truck, but also trying to decide if and when it does sell to go lifted or lowered with one of these trucks. It will determine the setup and most likley whether or not I have to order my truck or not.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

i put a 2" drop shackle on it, and it still needs to go lower!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts