GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
GMFS founding member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_20141011_144308_zps1706bb5f.jpg

I sold my 72" Extreme because it was just too much box, patiently waited for a deal on a Snap On box on Craigslist. found a desperate seller who couldn't make his house payment with a 99% new KRL722. I offered $2K cash and he took it. $4k less than off the truck. thing is immaculate and fits my new smaller tool collection perfectly. looking for a white KRL756 for the woodshop next.

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
IMG_20141011_144308_zps1706bb5f.jpg

I sold my 72" Extreme because it was just too much box, patiently waited for a deal on a Snap On box on Craigslist. found a desperate seller who couldn't make his house payment with a 99% new KRL722. I offered $2K cash and he took it. $4k less than off the truck. thing is immaculate and fits my new smaller tool collection perfectly. looking for a white KRL756 for the woodshop next.
Nice... i missed one the other day for 1k .. same box pretty much in yellow.. was gunna buy to flip and already sold

·
FBGM
2,155 Posts
You got a pretty sick deal! I've got the same box and love it... Just wish would have went bigger.

Lets get some drawer pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
GMFS founding member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You got a pretty sick deal! I've got the same box and love it... Just wish would have went bigger.

Lets get some drawer pics!
I wanted a KRL7056 but couldn't find one for under $4k, 6" of depth wasn't worth $2k.

IMG_20141116_094048_zpse693ee40.jpg

Craftsman sockets and Gearwrench ratchets

IMG_20141116_094433_zpse43db39c.jpg

Gearwrench and Snap On wrenches, need to get some racks

IMG_20141116_094325_zpsc2ceb251.jpg

Snap On screwdrivers and pliers

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
That was a killer deal!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Omg I love your box and the price you payed seriously gets me excited! Guys here sell there master crafts for that price.. and finding a snap on box is completely out of the question. Beyond jealous of your deal man good job

·
2009 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71
4,791 Posts
Please forgive my ignorance, but, what makes a toolbox, without tools, worth so much?

·
meow
15,747 Posts
Was looking for a similar KRL forever... Ended up going HF and pretty happy for as much as I use it. Still want a teal KRL though :(

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
What's the difference between the kra's and the krl's?

I picked up a kra top and bottom combo from a friend of mine who was moving cross country for $1500. I forget the numbers, 855 or 856 maybe?

·
Multiple GMFS owner
2,098 Posts
Nice box, that's an awesome price, I looked at Snap On but ended up with a Mac Tech 1080 since I could get a bigger box for the same price with a student discount

·
GMFS founding member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Please forgive my ignorance, but, what makes a toolbox, without tools, worth so much?
40% markup... my box was $6K off the Snap On truck. the dealers prey on young kids who are bad with money. I'd never buy one new. it's worth $2K to me since it's the last toolbox I'll ever buy.

if you use one daily it's worth it with the garbage toolboxes found in retail stores these days.

kid at work has a dark gray Epiq, proud to say he paid $10K for it but didn't disclose the interest rate. a new Snap On box isn't a great investment.

What's the difference between the kra's and the krl's?
sheet metal gauge, casters, drawer configurations, built in corner guards. I like the drawer configuration on the KRA better, one deep narrow drawer instead of two shallow ones, this was too good of a deal to pass up.

·
NVG-149 FTW!
501 Posts
Awesome box, I just picked one up myself. Classic 78. KRA line. White w/ black trim. Super sharp. Not sure if I'll keep it or sell it tho.
IMG_20141112_171602386_zps09e7a756.jpg

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

·
GMFS founding member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
love the white, planning on a white one for my woodshop to match my white/green Grizzly machines.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts