GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 3 JL 12 w3s in a custom fit down firing box in my xtended cab and im tired of the box and want something else to make it louder.. would a cab cutout be beneficial or juss losing the back seat and putting in a ported box be better? i dont use the back seat anyways so its really juss pointless to have it

·
Registered
177 Posts
You have 3 12's under your rear seat? Do you have pics? I'd really like to see the box if possible.

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
I currently have a 3 JL 12 w3s in a custom fit down firing box in my xtended cab and im tired of the box and want something else to make it louder.. would a cab cutout be beneficial or juss losing the back seat and putting in a ported box be better? i dont use the back seat anyways so its really juss pointless to have it
please dont do a cut out...it's pointless to me...the only thing i can tell you...is to do a ported box...that allows the sound waves to move farther...you see ported/vented boxes in sound offs...unless you are in a car..then you have sealed, and a hole lot of power.

yet, with a ported box, you can tun it by your music...verses a vented box...you have to recut wood if it's not where you want it.

but i'd recommend ported, simply because i love strong bass...yet i dont have a sound system anymore.:bawl:

·
Registered
177 Posts
I say just get rid of the back seat. If you do a cut through it's pretty tough to change your mind down the road.

Erasmo- heres a picture of four 12's I had under my seat.
6.jpg

Damn Dude! Those seats look sweet! Nice set-up!

Indigo, Like mentioned I wouldn't do a blow through, if anything remove the back seat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts