GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna get a better brake kit. What is the most cost effective solution? Just get bigger rotors? Better calipers? i don't know anything about brakes...

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
if you want to do it the cheaper way, rotors and pads would be best... anything that doesnt absorb to much heat... the colder your brakes the better the stopping power...

caliper kits are really expensive..

i suggest slotted rotors, not cross drilled, cross drilled have a possibility to crack.

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
Get slightly larger disks that are drilled and/or slotted, and better pads. Better calipers might also be a good idea. Look at the brakes on truckperformance.com, maybe youll find something good.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
How much are you looking to drop? You could just go for a nice set of aftermarket rotors, aftermarket pads, and a set of stainless steel brake lines to beef up the stock components. It's a good upgrade without dropping a few g's on a full blown big brake kit.

Cameron

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
or you could just slam the back of ur truck down and use it like an ancor :head2:

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
stylin concepts says 2000 for baer brake kit. it looks like a good kit with 14 inch rotors and dual piston calipers. all hardware and "detailed instructions". looks like a good quality kit to me. i have not looked anywhere for a cheaper kit though.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Slash4824 said:
or you could just slam the back of ur truck down and use it like an ancor :head2:
lmao.. that would work..

Yeah complete new sets of brakes are fucking expensive! I could also use new brakes but also don't know jack shit about them :crazy:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I agree the baer looks like the best value for the quality. over I have modified many cars and trucks (s10, sidekick, 3 civics, accord, and acura tl) and each of them have upgraded the brakes and pads with cheaper upgrades like: powerstop, powerslot, ebc, aem, axxis metal master, and even custom rotor makers, and all of them seemed to have warn out in less than a year, from what I understand or would certainly hope spending all that dough, the baer, brembo setups will last for years and years.

I saw Baer introduce their product at the 2002? sema show, and they seemed like a really great product. If I am not mistaken they got a sema award for best new product? $2000

I have had many friends with the brembo's and they are very happy and I believe they have a lot more applications. But around $3500 I would try the Baer if they have you application.

I really have no info on that static co. (the small ads in the back of truckin')

Also correct me if I am wrong but I think you need 20" or bigger for the brembo and only 18" or bigger for the Baer. Which may or may not matter to some as I live in jersery and get mad snow so my stocks are on from OCT-APR. which sucks anyways b/c my stocks are 17" but I guess I can get like a beater set of 18's or 20's

I want to get the baers, and I have a buddy who wants them for his m3 so maybe we can set up some kinda group-buy.

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
I hear a lot about the eradispeed kit when it comes to gmfs trucks. Have you talked to Bryan? I know he's gonna install some new ones when he gets the rims. They were on his pool table the day of the meet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts