GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
long story short i know i just wrapped my truck but i will probably be trading it in or selling it in the next month, i will be driving my wifes truck and she will get the new car(shes tired of a lifted truck). the truck is a 2011 gmc sierra 1500 4x4 badlander :barf: since we have been together i gave it the gmfs treatment but still had to compromise some things on it to make her happy.
removed all the stupid graphics, moldings, emblems, painted the grille shell headlights gloass black, powdercoated the bumpers and billet grille, removed the stupid chrome steps, and got her some rear wheel spacers, and new wheels(she doesnt like wide) so it ahs some ugly ass 20x9 misfits.

depending on how things go at the dealership i may be taking my 20x12s and toyos off my truck, and put them on hers so i at least have my wide wheels i will just get some 35s. for sure taking my light bars and train horns off, probably keeping my led taillights, all hids and leds and putting them on the new truck.

so now that i got all that out i need some help on what to do to the truck since it will be mine now. i hate black on black so i need to do something to make it different.

1. fix the dent in the bedside
2. tint, get those damn pink tow hooks off it
3. re install all the shit from my sierra
4. should i leave the ugly flares on it? i hate them normally but these are slim and im worried about it being all scrathed up underneath

and the biggest question what accent color??? im not 16 so no lime green, but i have seen a few sema truck with highlighter yellow suspension and wheels and i kinda like it.....

sorry for the novel. what would you do?? ill post pic in one min

·
i like interco
3,269 Posts
Rip the flares imo. Dump the exhaust. I've seen the white ford with that fluorescent green. It looks ok, but not really my thing. I've seen another white ford with what appeared to have anodized blue wheels on it. It looked alot better. I'd probably fix the obvious stuff and run chrome 22x14's on 35's.

·
GMFS Member
749 Posts
x2 on taking off flares.

What exactly are you planning on powdering? I mean, it's black so no color's going to really clash. This truck looks pretty badass with green IMO

5b725251-2eb0-4795-b57d-c78f9dc30c01_zps331ec93d.png

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rip the flares imo. Dump the exhaust. I've seen the white ford with that fluorescent green. It looks ok, but not really my thing. I've seen another white ford with what appeared to have anodized blue wheels on it. It looked alot better. I'd probably fix the obvious stuff and run chrome 22x14's on 35's.
ya thats the ford i saw and kinda liked ill post some pics of it, tips are already gone i just cant bring myself to do chrome....

x2 on taking off flares.

What exactly are you planning on powdering? I mean, it's black so no color's going to really clash. This truck looks pretty badass with green imo

5b725251-2eb0-4795-b57d-c78f9dc30c01_zps331ec93d.gif
ya that doesnt look bad but i also dont have a fts lift or dual shock hoops lol i have a generic pro comp lift that came on her truck, if i do the powder it will be tow hooks, hitch, crossmembers, front coil springs, sway bar, strut spacers and wheels but with some accent of black on the wheels, also get the chrome around the gmc painted to match the same color as the powder

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I honestly don't mind the flares too much. kill the pink tow hooks, throw your wheels/tires on it, kill the duals and put a clean 5 or 6" tip dumped over the axle to the right, candy the tails, put a tinted brow on there, and look into what color for powdercoating the suspension.

maybe red, candy(tiffany) blue, or purple?

·
HABS SUCK!!
1,833 Posts
I'd keep yours and trade that thing in

·
Roll Tide
868 Posts
I'd keep yours and trade that thing in

Yeah why is this not an option? Is your trade in value that much more? I think hers is a great looking truck, and honestly the flares aren't that awful. Wide wheels and pull tow hooks and I think it looks tits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hers is paid off. We only want to have one payment. Mine has 80,000 miles. Hers has 30,000

2wd vs 4wd
Hers has Bose, leather, I can make hers look good just need some time.

·
i like interco
3,269 Posts
What's your @ name on insta and I'll tag you in a pic of the trucks I'm talking about. My photobucket hasn't been letting me upload.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts