GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've got a 2001 Z71 Tahoe and I just bought a cherry bomb extreme to replace the gibson superflow that came with a catback i bought a while back. Do you think I can just bolt on the CBE in place of the superflow and secure it with just clamps? I'll need to get some extra pipe since the CBE is like a foot shorter than the gibson, but I dont know if I want to take it in to get welded. Is welding really that much better? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
466 Posts
DO NOT USE CLAMPS. They are a pain in the ass to keep tight. On my last truck I got a bolt on cat-back exhaust and made the mistake of not getting it welded. The tailpipe clamp would not stay tight to save its life and the tailpipe always came loose and bounced around all over the place.

·
Bauer Enterprises
18 Posts
it'd totally worth having it welded. I used to have problems with clamps leaking and i always hated that freakin hissing noise they make! So, I learned how to weld, and welded them. Now i don't worry about it. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.