GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Dude
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I think the time has arrived to buy the Escalade Cluster, since mine is as fucked up as a soup sandwich. I asked some idiot at the dealer last week about transferring the mileage, and he looked at me like " I had lobsters crawling out of my ears" This particular dealership sends all their clusters out. So I got online looking for speedometer shops in my area. I had one hit, but I called the number and it didn't even ring, like they were out of business. I plan on buying the cluster from JP Customs, but I don't believe they offer a transfer service. I'm going to call a different dealer, but does anybody have any other suggestions? I thought about US Speedo, but they don't have a cluster that I like.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
could send it to Tbyrne for mileage transfer, or do it the easy way and just get the $2 sticker from GM stating previous mileage and new mileage on each cluster, and i believe for it to be valid it needs to be sgined by a GM employee so they can put it into the paperwork if you ever sell it, you have a valid statement stating it was exchanged, and actually has blah-blah miles on the vehicle.

Clusters...ebay, gmpartdirect, truck boards, etc. there around, just gotta find em.

Dave

·
Registered
277 Posts
Techni-Car is an authorized GM speedo shop. They'll fix up the mileage and hours for you. Use to be $42.50 plus shipping both ways. They have a place in Cleveland, OH and Oldsmar, FL. Check their website. You'll have to send in a notorized letter stating your mileage. Call first to get all the details. I've used them, takes about a week turnaround.

http://www.techni-car.com/index.php

·
The Dude
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I found a place in Florida that does them for $100. I think thats a little steep. I'll car Techni-Car this week and find out the scoop. I was unaware that Tbyrne did them too. I'll look into both. I know the sticker is the cheapest and easiest way to go, but it seems sort of generic to me.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
When I got my esky cluster i sent it to technicar. I think it was like $60 or so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts