GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Chevy Owner
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody seen the new kit from Cognito? It lowers the diff down 4"...however it doesnt drop the TB's down like the other lifts...looks like it uses a "real lift" style design for the TB's. I haven't seen anything posted on here yet about it so I figured I would post something incase others may be interested. For the price ($1650), I think I would fork up another $100 for the 7"-9" :imo

Anywho, heres a pic and a link:

http://cognitomotorsports.com/store/4inchkit.html

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
I saw that kit when Justin was testing it out on his Duramax, he wouldn't let me take any pictures though :jester: I think the torsion bar setup is similar to the way Rough Country does theirs.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Looks pretty cool. I'm sad they didn't use the cross-bar subframe, but I guess there isn't enough room when you're dealing with 4-4.5" of space. It looks like a Rancho or RCD subframe.

It's a pretty cool design, and lot of people will like the fact that the torsion bars are in the stock location. It's a step up from the normal keys/shocks/crank way of clearing 33's/35's.

I don't know about that price tag though.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
so is this kit out yet? we have been waiting on it for my moms HD, the 7-9 wont fit in our garage. looks like i need to place a call or have my dad call it in.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
yes its out

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
pacebria just ordered his today. He's stepping up from the crank/cognito UCA's/shocks/blocks kind of lift with 34's. I think he's picking up some 35" Toyo's and 18X10 Niche Driv's as well.

We'll be installing the lift at my place once it comes in so I'll post up some pics.

·
Chevy Owner
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pacebria just ordered his today. He's stepping up from the crank/cognito UCA's/shocks/blocks kind of lift with 34's. I think he's picking up some 35" Toyo's and 18X10 Niche Driv's as well.

We'll be installing the lift at my place once it comes in so I'll post up some pics.
Sweet...what option did he end up deciding to go with for the rear lift?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
im guessing a bigger block

·
Chevy Owner
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so what did you guys end up doing for the rear lift?

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
fuckin hds sit so damn high

looks good man NCM

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
He did 5" blocks. There's nowhere locally to buy lift springs, so we'd have to pay truck freight. I had springs on my last truck and they were great. I haven't ridden in this truck with the 5" blocks, but Brian had mentioned the ladder bars that Cognito offers before we started. He still doesn't have the shocks yet (backordered) so it hasn't been driven much.

·
Chevy Owner
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok cool...I remember you saying he was probably going with a block but didn't know. I think once I get my HD i may use an AAL + 2" Block combo. Looks great tho...nice and clean. love the stance that it since and how there is no tb drop :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts