GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea my friend has a 2004 Reg. cab silverado an is looking to buy a new cold air intake system an throttle body spacer but he doesnt know wich one to get. He was going to get the K+N intake an Airaid throttle body spacer. But lately people have been telling him to get the new AEM Brute Force intake that comes with a throttle body spacer in the kit. An every one he talkes to says the AEM intake is better than K+N. What do yall think, wich is better?

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
All I know is that the throttle body spacer has shown to improve nothing...Save your $$$ And just get a nice intake... The UPD is pretty sweet...

·
My name's not Kevin
308 Posts
The UPD is real sweet. Wish I had 1. I have been told that K&N says not to use a TB spacer with their intake. Everyone I know with a 4.8 of 5.3 that has a spacer says they are a waste of money.

·
Registered
658 Posts
kevindepot said:
The UPD is real sweet. Wish I had 1. I have been told that K&N says not to use a TB spacer with their intake. Everyone I know with a 4.8 of 5.3 that has a spacer says they are a waste of money.
well with the K&N FIPK2 i know that to use the trottle body spacer you would need to cut the pipe of the intake and the fan gaurd because there isnt enough space....i know thats how it is on the '02s, cause i was looking into one and there wasnt enough space...hope that helps

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
i dont get how people are seeing MPG gains with intakes or exhausts.

i noticed zero MPG change with the UPD. zero with the muffler. i have more power but the mileage is the same.

EXACT same story with my moms expedition. FIPK intake and gibson catback. lot more power, ZERO change in mpg

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
yeah it seems damn easy. even ducting from the TB to the stock box would do better than that stock POS tube

·
369 Posts
That's funny. I don't see how you can't see a MPG gain. I went from getting about 295 per tank (22 gallons about, since I don't go to empty) and now get around 345. All I have done was get an AEM Brute Force, and a Flowmaster cat-back. This all with the fact that I drive it harder now, just to hear it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts