GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Worked two 14 hour days to get the sliders and rear bumper finished before I left on my trip to Detroit but I think it was worth it. The bumper is 1" tube skeleton with 1/8" plate across the top and 3/16" across the front. FActory bumper side pieces were used to retain the stock flow with the vehicle. Plate flips in the act as a step and the backup lights are cheap walmart fogs. I still have to finish welding it and do some body work to smooth it off before it gets painted.

HPIM0940.jpg

HPIM0941.jpg

HPIM0942.jpg

Sliders are 1/8" 2x3 with 1/8" 2x2 for the front supports with 3/16" DOM tube for the rears. 3/16" plate for the mounting plates with 1/2" grade 8 bolts. I still have to add a piece of round tube that will extend from the slider to protect the rocker/side of the truck. Painted front bumper too.

HPIM0943.jpg

HPIM0945.jpg

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
nice craftsmanship

you plan on painting the rear bumper? btw are you gonna be doing alot of offroading to require it?

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
great work. that bumper is beefy looking!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice craftsmanship

you plan on painting the rear bumper? btw are you gonna be doing alot of offroading to require it?

yeah its primed black right now but I will be finish welding/smoothing it before I colormatch it to the truck. I wont be doing much offroading to require the sliders/bumper considering I am moving to Detroit but they will be nice protection in traffic:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts