GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you knew, I had a white 2004 f150 supercrew for a daily that I got back in June of last year. Real nice truck, real clean, reliable etc, but i owed close to 13k on it still and was wantin to eliminate all debt and just get back into another regular cab...

This was the truck... downsides to it, it was a FORD, a 2wd, and only had the 4.6 motor...
fs2141.jpg

So i start searching up and down for a clean regular cab that isn't beat or has a rebuilt title of whatever. Not coming up with too much that meet either criteria with a v8 or anything special but I keep looking.

My old boss tells me he is buying a new Tundra and asks if I know anyone who wants to buy his truck. He tells me trade in is right at 10 grand but he will take less. I jokingly lowball him at $6300 and he took it... So I end up with another FORD :biggun:

2qte0x5.jpg

kcj629.gif

vncmxs.jpg

So I downgraded a year, this one is an 03, and added a few more miles, but I gained the bigger motor (5.4) and this one is 4wd. The power difference over the 4.6 is crazy. Truck is a 1 owner purchased brand new in late 03 and used for alot of highway commuting..

Another thing that I like more about this truck over the 04 crew I had, or a regular cab......... It can actually pull my truck!

2rrqdy8.jpg

It pulled it surprisingly well. Just need to get some helper bags on the rear and I'll be set.

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,477 Posts
fuck ford :)

gmfs ftw

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:lol: I knew ford was popular in your area, but this is getting rediculous
Your tellin me! I have to drive it!!

Nah in all honesty its a pretty good truck. Wouldn't have been my first choice but considering I eliminated 13k in debt, it makes the truck that much better :crazy:

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Put FX4 wheels on it :imo
I'm not wasting my money on factory rims that are less than 20"... This truck will get wheels and a small lift one day but right now I'm focused on finishing my chevy

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
will be for sale within 6-8 months :imo

That seems to be my track record for gettin rid of my vehicles... It's too hard not to when your making money on gettin rid of them and driving them for that long...

Only truck I've actually kept is my show truck which I've had since I was 15 and redone about 1000 times

·
the art of shredding
730 Posts
great truck for 6300 bucks. fully loaded crew cab 4x4 with a 5.4, thats cheap.
dont even put wheels on it just put miles on it.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Looks good JJ. How is the truck coming?
its comin.. a little more body work, then sheet metal the bed and do the tubs and pretty much just put everything back together once its painted and it will be done..

i'm ready to feel the power difference between the old 4.3 and the new ls1 :crazy:

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
get some torsion bars for that trailer. That little regular cab shouldnt be that heavy on the crew cab.

heres is steves truck on my dad's titan with torsion bars...

Photo0036.jpg

no helper bags or anything.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
get some torsion bars for that trailer. That little regular cab shouldnt be that heavy on the crew cab.

heres is steves truck on my dad's titan with torsion bars...

Photo0036.jpg

no helper bags or anything.
It's not my trailer. 99% of the time my truck will be pulled by my moms Denali with the auto leveling system on it so I'm not too worried about it until I get my own trailer.

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Nice. i have always loved those CC fords in 4wd in that body style. Nice upgrade IMO.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts