GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of buying this detail shop and got a chance to stop by and snap a couple of pics while the current owner was slapping some paint sealant on a porshe.

Its kinda L shaped and im hoping ill be able to fit my SS around the corner cause my pops is sick of me keeping it in his garage. that solstice gxp is the current owners new toy and i gotta admit i thought it was kinda:supergay: at first, but the thing is turboed and handles like a little go-kart, not bad.

New295.gif

New302.gif

New296.gif

shoulda used the flash on this one
New298.gif

New297.gif

whatcha think?
its got full drains, good lighting and a nice gas heater

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
looks pretty nice. My only concern from the pics is the width. Doesnt look too wide, so would you have enough room if you put a big truck or something wider than that pcar in there? Otherwise, looks pretty sweet :)

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Yeah... other than the width it looks perfect. Looks like you could fit most trucks in there, but just won't have a ton of room to work.

I'd love to find a little place like that to work out of. Whats the rent/lease on the space costing you if you don't mind me asking.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the compliments.

It is a little narrow, but i got my truck in there and still enough room to open the doors to be able to vacuum, etc. If i do get a hummer or something wider i might have to either pull it all the way forward and to the left or just do it outside...so long as it isnt february.

I got very lucky on the lease. turns out i used to play soccer with the landlords son and he knows my family from around town. he is locking my rent in at $675 for 3 years. For this area thats pretty cheap, most other garage units in the building are renting for $800-900.

·
GMFS Uber-Member
688 Posts
Nice setup. As far as getting your SS in there, if you can't get it in by turning, you could probably do it with a set of Go-Jacks. Those things are GREAT. You could use 'em to put a Hummer in a tuna can if needed (ok, that's a little exaggerated). But they're awesome, you can spin a car in it's own length.
Congrats on the shop.

Later
Chris

·
I'm on a mission
794 Posts
good luck man!!! i wish i could get my own shop instead of working for the man..

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah ill be one of the only MFers around with a clean car all winter muuuuaahhahahahaha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts