GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took off my blk rims and put my 18"s back on, talk about riding like a caddy. I let the bars back down a bit. I had to do some crankin to get those on there and barley have any rub, I just catch the plastic of the fender when flexed. But I need to get that thing alined (sp?) so it will wear the tires correctly.
I guess I shouldn't call it a dilema but its what I've gotta do.
I want to
1. get some more hummer tires that aren't worn down so much
2. get some 35" Nitto's for my 18"s
3. get bushwhacker cutouts, bodylift is outta the question, if I put that on I can't use my gooseneck hitch anymore cause the bed will be to high. And if I get the cutouts I can keep her alined easier and no adjustments will have to made to switch the tires and wheels out.

Anybody know where I can get some CHEAP cutouts?
Then I will just need to save for the tires!

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah when I adjusted it up to fit the tires right, I flexed the truck to look at it and a shock ended up rubbing up against a little piece of the frame and cut a hole in it so its leaking shit everywhere.
Add #4 New shocks

·
[>
3,255 Posts
:think:

I pick 2 and 1

But Cutouts would be :head:

BTW.. do you know your fender measurements BEFORE/after the Keys?

BD

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man I forgot to measure when I did it originally. But you can crank about 2"-3" IMO.
No real good to do but ya what eva you wanna do.
With the hummer tires the front fender was at 45 1/4".
I put my Nitto's back on and lowered it back down and I haven't measured it yet.

·
Registered
36 Posts
IMO don't get the Cut Outs. For the NBS Bushwacker made a stupid proof/hack proof install setup. The problem with this setup is you DO NOT cut the top of the fenders at all. All you cut are the fronts/backs of the fenders about 1 3/4" - 2" on either side. On the OBS you cut b/t 3"-5" (I think) around the WHOLE fender, thus increasing your room. Look at the of my truck below with the Bushwacker Cut Outs, these are not the Pocket style cut out. BTW there is a member on the other board (maybe here too) named James_R, he has the OBS cut outs and there is a world of difference b/t his and mine.

http://mct.truckmoxie.com/mygallery.asp?id=4786

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SouthernZ71 said:
IMO don't get the Cut Outs. For the NBS Bushwacker made a stupid proof/hack proof install setup. The problem with this setup is you DO NOT cut the top of the fenders at all. All you cut are the fronts/backs of the fenders about 1 3/4" - 2" on either side. On the OBS you cut b/t 3"-5" (I think) around the WHOLE fender, thus increasing your room. Look at the of my truck below with the Bushwacker Cut Outs, these are not the Pocket style cut out. BTW there is a member on the other board (maybe here too) named James_R, he has the OBS cut outs and there is a world of difference b/t his and mine.

I honestly like the way your look I just need the 1 3/4" - 2" on the front and back like you said. I really don't wanna chop up that much of my truck. Is that the only style have? The 3" ones? I would prefer something a little more snug fit.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah, thats the only size they have in Cut Outs. I'll take some better pics tomorrow for you, to show how much clearance you gain. BTW I'm running 315s and it makes them look small, almost funny....just something to think about!

I just reread your thread and I think your rubbing problem is on the inner corner by the floorboard. Maybe TexK5 will get on, he has some very detailed pics of the cutting involved.

·
Registered
172 Posts
SouthernZ71 said:

I really like the look of the cutouts for the NBS over the OBS ones because they are not as big and goofy looking. It is a good idea by bushwacker that they designed them that way for the NBS trucks, because if you ever wanted to remove them for some reason the truck is not all hacked to [email protected]#T. They look great on your truck and when I get a NBS I am getting them for sure.

·
Wheel On'
1,414 Posts
I would go with cutouts as they look good on some trucks and think that it would look good on yours since you have a Ranch Hand full replacement bumper. But I would get some more aggressive looking tires than the Nittos.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rob4x4 said:
But I would get some more aggressive looking tires than the Nittos.
Yeah I'll just get Nitto's for road trips and town driving, not much selection for 18"s right now.

Later this month I should have a new set of hummer tires too.
Best of both worlds.

·
& Stump Pulling
1,038 Posts
Yeah I'll just get Nitto's for road trips and town driving, not much selection for 18"s right now.

Later this month I should have a new set of hummer tires too.
Best of both worlds.
So... did you get the Nitto's? ...and did you ever end up with the hummer tires?

·
& Stump Pulling
1,038 Posts
lol almost 7 year old thread bump. nice.
lol, I had to do it, I was reading like 4 or 5 threads tonight that were like 3+ years old that got bumped by people who just jumped right in with questions like it was posted an hour ago. I got curious how far back they go and I had to have some fun :bleh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts