GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my friend is getting a new house (first house other than APT)an he wants to make his garage look better than his own house. :head: An I am helping him build all the shelves an setup all there furniture. But anyways, I just thout I would ask you guys what are your top choises of exipment he should buy an setup in his new Garage first? He has the money so I have been trying to convince him into getting a truck lift, other than just a floor jack. But Anyways, just post your top 5-10 item you would get for your garage first.

·
GMFS founding member
4,010 Posts
wire it for 220!

def. air compressor, and built-in air lines hanging from the celing, walls, etc. good lighting is a must, big tool bench and toolbox, lift would be nice but not necessary. a mig welder would be a must. a fridge full of beer, and tools, tools, tools. cutoff wheels are fun. get a bigass vise for the bench too.

·
I cant spell "teh"
130 Posts
plum the whole garage with air and have quick connects located through out the garage.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
1) lift
2) BIG mig or tig welder
3) BIG compressor, plumbed for air and lots of air tools
4) huge tool set
5) If hes really rich get a CNC mill and lathe!

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
When they do the floor, slope it and put in a floor drain, will make clean up easier, and as someone else said, coat the floor with some epoxy with those flakes so it looks good, cleans up easy, and it's too slippery so someone slips.

·
GPS Guru
347 Posts
The floor drain and air compressor(s) would be the most valuable to me. I don't think a lift is that essential. I have access to one at work and most of the time I'm too lazy to use it, instead I use a nice air powered axle jack and a Matco Tools creeper. :)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Top ten things to have in you garage.....
1. 04' Black Silverado S.S. on the ground,and all other mods.
2. 04' GMC Sierra 2500HD LT Duramax Diesel 4WD with allison automatic, and all performance upgrades, on at least 35's with a 6" lift.....
3. A car lift
4. A professional car jack.
5. A Craftsman Professional 1200 piece tool set and the tool box that goes with it.......
6. A proffessional diagnostic machine
7. A CNC Machine
8. A keg-o-rator, or if you don't drink, an awesome stocked fridge...
9. A full size air compressor with complete lines ran everywhere..and lots of air tools
10. Complete set of welders to do Mig, Tig, and Heli-Arc, and all the equipment to do all that..... This should be a top 20 list......

·
FEARS NO POTHOLE
311 Posts
-welder
-beer
-mechanic on call to fix the mistakes i can't fix
-doctor on call to fix my boo-boo's
-all the other tools i didn't list
-what everyone else said

·
Drag Racer!
1,158 Posts
id say......everything everyone has already listed....plus maybe make it a possible painting garage as well.....have fans and filters and stuff for painting....

·
Registered
384 Posts
No ones mentioned the plasma cutter. Plasma and mig if he can not afford anything else. I bought a very nice craftsman 7 hp 80 gallon commercial compressor for like $800.. the trick is it is cheaper in the catalogue order it and have it shipped to the store(no shipping and no tax).... it is a workaholic and is the biggest craftsman comp they have.

Oh and the 440 IR unit will require extensive and costly electrical work.

·
Plead The First
2,593 Posts
Everyone forgot these:

Oxy-aceteline torch. Gotta heat stuff up.
Tig is a must. Why mess around?
A sink.
TV/Stereo

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
mig welder, plasma cutter, torch, 65 gal compressor(i know i love mine), small paint booth, fridge, large bench to work on, and lots of tools,

·
Broke
350 Posts
everybody has already named so many good things...

maybe an oven for baking parts and such

1 - 19 of 19 Posts