GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there guys my names Steve. I just recently Purchased a 2014 Silverado 1500 4x4 z71 5.3L and must say I love it.

I have about 300 miles on it to date. I have never owned a truck before so Im new not only to a silverado but to all trucks in general. I come from the import scene as my past vehicles include;
2004 g35 coupe
2006 evo 9 - ran 11.3 1/4 mile
2004 wrx - ran 12.4 1/4 mile

I still own the 2004 G35 coupe that I use as a Daily driver. My first plan for the truck was to do a 9 or 10 inch Cognito Lift with 24x14 Kmc wheels wrapped in 37inch Nitto Trail Grappler tires but being as i have always tracked cars in the past I just cant get away from it. So this is actually what I have in store for the truck in the next month or so.

2014 Silverado Sinister Race Craft Turbo kit (Custom powdercoated piping)
Using the Bullseye s476 Billet Turbo
custom 4 inch Exhaust
Tuned by Roshan @ Powerhaus Performance
All s/s braided lines with custom powdercoated fittings
yank 3200 stall converter

As far as suspension and Wheels, I know dropping 4x4's isnt very popular in the truck world but its just little more reasonable considering i will be boosting the truck. So my plans are (still doing my research for the right parts but hope to complete this in the next couple weeks as my wheels are ordered already)

3/5 or 4/6 drop
DUB Baller 24x10 Black finish wheels w/ Nitto 295/35/24s in the front and 305/35/24's in the rear

My buddy is currently in the process of having his GTO completely done up with a custom twin turbo kit by Ross from PowerHaus, and as soon as he is finsihed in the next week or two my truck will be heading into the shop so once that happens I plan on creating a build thread to show my progress from start to finish.

If you read this far, thanks for your time and hope to learn a lot about these trucks in the next couple months :)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Welcome! Plans sound great, should look good & perform well.

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Welcome..... :shake:

Nice plans! Where about are you? I'm only 5-10 mins from Newark.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome..... :shake:

Nice plans! Where about are you? I'm only 5-10 mins from Newark.
I Just sold my house in Middletown and moved in with a buddy right off the bohemia river. I also stay at my girls house (which is 5 mins from newark) a lot when I work since its closer to the oil refinery that I work at.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts