GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Yea, that guy.
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been browsing for a while, but am starting to come up with questions for information I can't seem to find. Thus my reason for finally registering. I've been in the Subaru world for years, but am having a hard time finding my way around the world of the FullSize GM (who would have thought they would be that much different than my S10?).

Anyways, I just picked up a 2002 GMC Sierra SLE 2500HD Crew Cab, Long Bed, 6.0 Gas.

It's in pretty good shape, but needs tires badly. I'm looking to pick up some 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2, but don't really know if that's the size I want to go with. Any opinions on size? I don't plan on doing a whole lot with the truck other than maybe towing every now and then (I have a 24' enclosed), and driving it for work/DD duty. However, at the same time, it needs to look like a truck! As for a lift, I will probably just put some green keys in the front, level it out, and call it a day.

I'm wanting to make it capable, but don't want to sacrifice gas mileage (Yea, I know. I picked the most fuel efficient truck out there). Any tips for increasing gas mileage are appreciated.

Current plans are to get a tune, tint the front windows, remove the chrome trim and running boards, install a hitch and plug (someone removed/cut them off :flame:), install tow mirrors, move my air tank, compressors, and horns over from the S10, and one day maybe a Silverado 2500HD hood and 03 Sierra bumper/valance.

Which is my next question. Is the 03+ bumper a direct fit with my headlights and grill? I like the look of it better, and would like to also have the option to add fog lights in the factory holes.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
welcome bud. im from ss indy. ive got a lowered white sierra with chrome denali 20s with a high caliber auto detailing logo on my back window.

·
Yea, that guy.
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
welcome bud. im from ss indy. ive got a lowered white sierra with chrome denali 20s with a high caliber auto detailing logo on my back window.
I think I've seen your truck on the road before. If you've been to the TRU lot, you may have seen my STi. I try to stay away from there though.

·
Yea, that guy.
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went out and braved the heat earlier and managed to get the running boards taken off. It looks a lot better. Next on the list is the chrome molding, window tint and probably some tow mirrors.

I think I've decided to go with 285/75/16s and crank the torsion bars with some green keys for now.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
truck looks a lot better. i try to stay away from the tru parking lot. lol i go over to the oriellys parking lot.

·
Zombie Squad
1,244 Posts
Welcome from the east side of Indy. Truck looks good. I'd say your plans sound good + paint the handles and valance and call it a day.

·
Yea, that guy.
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome from the east side of Indy. Truck looks good. I'd say your plans sound good + paint the handles and valance and call it a day.
Eh, they don't bother me. They will probably stay black unless there is other paint work that needs to be done at some point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts