GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My birthday is commin up (Aug. 15th). What kind of gadgets for off-roading could I ask for? :think:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
mmm...hi lift jack...i've always wanted one of those...i'm too poor though...

I have used my stock scissor jack to get me off a rock though :D

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinkin about a jack but 4Wheel Parts told me that hi lift jacks wont fit anywhere to lift my truck. :think:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
yeah, about the only place you can put a hilift on a stock truck without bending something is the hitch, even then your tailgate is in danger... I dunno, maybe pick up a gps, so when you get stuck you can tell the tow truck EXACTLY where to go... :crazy:

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
N-fabs!

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
dreamrr said:
hell yea, I love those things. How much did urs cost?
I got them used from a member, i think they run in the 400 dollar range. Also man you could use some colormatched flares those would make your truck tight.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
dreamrr said:
I was thinkin about a jack but 4Wheel Parts told me that hi lift jacks wont fit anywhere to lift my truck. :think:
They now have an attachment that you put in your wheelholes to jack off of...lol..so a hi-lift might still be an idea...and word to what willyswanter said...get some sliders and real bumpers. Ohh yeah, they also make an attachment that connects to your bumper but im not sure how much i would wanna lift off my bumpers...

·
Chevy Owner
1,363 Posts
:word: on the color matched flares...they would make your truck look bad ass

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
RedneckDude said:
They now have an attachment that you put in your wheelholes to jack off of...lol..so a hi-lift might still be an idea...and word to what willyswanter said...get some sliders and real bumpers. Ohh yeah, they also make an attachment that connects to your bumper but im not sure how much i would wanna lift off my bumpers...
I also find my wheels to be the most used hi-lift point. I just stick the jack under the lip and I can get a tire 2-3 feet in the air if I'm really hung up somewhere, then just drive off of the jack and keep going.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
willyswanter said:
I also find my wheels to be the most used hi-lift point. I just stick the jack under the lip and I can get a tire 2-3 feet in the air if I'm really hung up somewhere, then just drive off of the jack and keep going.
I can see how it would be good to use the wheels as a place to lift off of...hell, if muds your thing, lift up which ever wheel is deepest stuck, throw some logs, boards, rocks, whatever u can under that tire and then you might be able to get out easier. I need me one really bad.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
willyswanter said:
hehe this is a fun method, if the jack gets wedged when your driving off you can fling it a long ways! Not that I know from experiance or anything :crazy:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts