GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im about to add a locking differential or some kind of unit that will give me posi-trak on my 04 silverado 2WD with a stock 3:42 gear, I think. An I was wondering what kind of unit I should buy to make my truck have posi-track an I was also wondering what is a good gear size/ratio to run on a truck like minw with 20" rims on 275" tire. I was thinking of just a 3:73 but I have noticed a few have 4:10. Any sugestions?

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
wow a 275" tire? you must have the tallest truck in the world.........:LOL:

if you want performance, get 4.10s. they will haul ass. and with those heavy wheels you need a little more umph.

if you do alot of freeway then maybe stick to 3.73s, but i would get 4.10s myself.

do you know the actual hieght of the tire? if its 30-31 inch then 4.10s will be perfect

for a posi, look at auburn and eaton for some good units.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Word to all that especially the 4.10 part :evillol:

Cameron

·
Registered
308 Posts
did ya'll buy your ring and pinion from somewhere and then put them on, or did you have it all done at one place? i want to put a new rear end in my truck(01 silvy) and need to know what type of gear to order(how many bolt, and inches, etc.) or even a richmond or precision part number if you have one

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
i think ive asked this before... but how much will posi and 4.10 gears installed on my 03 cost? and what kind of performance will i gain?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What kind of gas millage do you guys get running 4:10 gears? An what size tires do most of you run on your 20" rims?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts