GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a new grease gun today so I can do all my own lubing when I do my oil changes. I've recently discovered that my drive shaft needs to be replaced due to lack of proper lubrication. I won't be leaving it up to anyone else anymore.

·
got beer?
189 Posts
:pissed: oh no man dont bring thoughs up I have to see them damn things everyday at work

You should see the air powered ones with the 50 ft hose and 300 lb barrel of grease under them.. :D[/QUOTE]

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
The pistol grip rocks. :rocking: The old pump style got thrown into the garbage when I got the new one.

·
NCOR
8,451 Posts
I have a grease gun but it has that damn fixed metal shaft going to the adapter...I have a flex line but can't get the adapter off of the hard line, anywhere I can get just the little adapter for zerk fittings?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Is it just me or does anyone have a hell of a time getting the things to actually pump grease? Those things piss me of like you dont even know.

·
Chevrolet Owner
315 Posts
ive never had a problem. I got one almost exactly like that one that is full of waterproof boat grease

·
got beer?
189 Posts
LongNLow97 said:
Is it just me or does anyone have a hell of a time getting the things to actually pump grease? Those things piss me of like you dont even know.

when you put the new tube of grease in dont tighten the top of the grease gun all the way down.leave it a little loose and pump it.this will let air out and it should pump good then.

1,932 Posts
we use grease guns on a daily basis.... iv been through 10+ tubes of grease EASY in 1 day working on machinery. Fuck the hand grips, we got these!

Fuck those! I used one of these style ones with those big buckets of grease. It makes it incredibly more easy to grease a semi then to fuck with a bunch of little grease cartages

·
Registered
195 Posts
where do you guys get those electric ones, looks like they would work nice

·
GMFS founding member
4,012 Posts
Northern has them, they're like $250.

we use the 300lb barrel pump with in-floor plumbing and hookups on the walls.

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
Chris you bumpwhore:roflmao:

I've got a pneumatic one from tractor supply. It was only about $30 and is a blast to fire across the garage skeet skeet skeet skeet!!!:lol:
:roflmao: Awwww skeetskeetskeet

·
GMFS founding member
4,012 Posts
Gordon AKA Zeke found that out too, guess who had to clean his grease off the celing? :down:

It's not a toy :pissed:

·
meow
15,747 Posts
we use grease guns on a daily basis.... iv been through 10+ tubes of grease EASY in 1 day working on machinery. Fuck the hand grips, we got these!

Those are piles :imo with as much greasing as we do in the summer, I usually stick to a hand pump with the bent tips. Gets shit done and never brakes :anitoof:

·
4,725 Posts
So you're going to get a whole new driveshaft because the u joints don't have grease?

1,932 Posts
I think you are mistaken. It is a toy:lol:

HELL YEAH IT IS!!!! Our grease gun at that international dealership I worked at was a blast. It wouldnt shot a stream with the normal end. BUT i had a small hand held grease gun for my impact. It wasn't a Zerk fitting it was just a small hole so the small grease gun had a small 1/32 needle. Well I would take the needle fitting from the small one put it on the BIG one. WOW you wanna talk about shooting a stream!!!! I could hit shit over 6 bays away!!! The best part is it looked like a that spider web shit! Good times! Good times!!!! :read:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts