GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just picked up my new to me 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE. Its got 66k miles on it, hopefully thats not too bad. Currently stock for now but we'll see the road it takes me down.....This is my 1st full size pickup but I have a long history with GM. I traded a 2013 Subaru Impreza Sport for the Sierra so a little bit of a change. The Subaru was just to small and not me, but it did serve its purpose for the year and half that I had it putting 39867 miles on it.

Current plans until spring at least, a couple minor things are 5% tint on front door windows and 5% over factory tint. In Channel Vent visors, step rails (not sure I like the look but with kids sort of need them) and a Tonneau Cover (Want a Hard Fiberglass but not practical right now, so thinking about a Tri Fold, just want something that will secure the bed with the locking tail gate. Any other options??). That is probably about it till spring.....then at least a leveling kit if not a slight lift....

Anyways I've been lurking for a few days and see this truck is just gonna cost me all sorts of money in what I'd like to do to it.....Definitely looking forward to getting all the info I need from you guys...

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome! What do you hate about Utica? I have a close friend in Sherrill living there for 5 years without much problem.

Sounds good list of initial mods.
As long as you don't live in the city your good, which I don't but I am alot closer than Sherrill....Typical things wrong with cities that have no money, no job market, high crime, low property value. I do have to say I think the city is moving in the right direction though. I'm only still in the area(make that New York State) because I work for NYS Dept of Corrections.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts