GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I lurk on here quite a bit, but i'm not sure if i've ever even posted. Anyhow, I've been researching the ins and outs of supercharger, because i'm thinking that can be my project for NEXT spring. The only thing is that my 05 RCSB 4wd is only a 4.3L, and i'm not sure if it would be worth it. Like I said before, i've been looking into it for a while and i'm just not sure it would be a smart idea, because in theory, if I supercharged it I would be trying to compete with stock v8's... which would be impressive for a v6 I suppose, but i'm just kind of worried about doing it because all Ive read about is supercharged v8's, no 4.3's. An engine swap, or new truck is out of the question, so I'd really appreciate your opinion on which way I should go. Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also, sorry to add this in at the last minute, but what kind of trouble am I looking at out of the tranny?

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
i dunno if a supercharger would be your best option unless you tow alot, but if you got a v6 then i doubt you do.

I'd consider looking at a turbo kit, ive seen some very impressive turbo v6 numbers.

as far as tranny, your gonna have to get a built unit if your looking to put down serious numbers.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Yeah what's the deal with the old threads. :pepper:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yeah what's the deal with the old threads. :pepper:

Well i did a search and i came up with a bunch of old posts. Isnt that what there saved for? I want a supercharger but im on a tight budget and because im gonna be tuning the truck soon i wanted to get more for my money on the tune so i wanted to slap a supercharger on there and also didnt think it was the greatest idea to go all out cause then i would be breaking things so i thought the wynjammer was a good product for me but i wanted to hear some feedback.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts