GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys, gonna pull the trigger on a silverado 1500 and i'm going to put a 6-8 lift on with 35's! I really will never use 4wd so i'm thinking of going the 2wd route, is there any difference lifting a 2wd? Any lift recomendations?

·
never finished
2,239 Posts
if you dont need the 4wd, dont get it. As far as lift quality, absolutely no difference between a 4wd and 2wd. Price and installation will be much easier though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
as soon as you get a 2wd you will need a 4wd. I was in the same boat as you and thought that since I dont offroad any I wouldnt need a 4wd. wound up getting a 4wd and have needed it more than a few times.

·
bore
2,788 Posts
thank you :) it ve done more since the pic in my sig ..i ve had mine lifted for a couple of months with no problem, no difference that i know off in suspension parts between 2wd and 4wd

·
bore
2,788 Posts
i have the 7" fts, yes u can add a spacer, mine has 1.5" strut spacers. i also have a 3" body lift, the tires in the pic are 35's on 20x12 wheels..fts is awesome

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.