GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals,

I just came across the board here and am hoping maybe some of you have experienced this before.
I have an 08 Silverado 1500 Z71 Crew, 80k on the odo. I bought a set of adjustable 5100s, dropped them and the truck off at the local alignment shop yesterday to get them put on, mainly because I don't have time, or a good spring compressor...

Anyway, I waited and waited....and waited, called about 30 mins before closing last night and the guy says "Oh, we couldn't figure out how to get the spring seat off and put on the new ones." So, they put the old one back on and sent me on my way, perplexed to say the least. I've searched here and found a million posts with people who've installed them. Is there a trick to getting them off? If not, I guess it's possible the ones on it are aftermarket and the seat is welded on, maybe? If that be the case, what's my next course of action? I have had zero luck finding replacements online, it looks like every other strut on the planet comes with the seats. :rage:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts